Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

An Oldy but a Goody ... Bacon Macaroni & Cheese

I've made and posted Bacon Macaroni & Cheese a few times here but I always love to share a different version of it.  My kids LOVE mac and cheese and I try with all my might not to make box version for them (some days hey I'm human and life is what it is).  I have gotten in the habit of meal planning which helps reduce the number of food outings we have or dinners that are ready by dinner time.  

Saturday nights are usually relaxed around here. I work in the am for 3 hours, then we hit the YMCA for Swim and Martial Arts.  So by the time we get home it's time to just relax.  I usually rent a movie and the boys and I just hang.  Rick usually is working at his 2nd job. So an easy meal is needed but I don't want to do fast food.  

This was a simple meal to make and the kids loved it.  The picture below is the version with shell pasta (Cole requested penne pasta for his).  I found this Bacon Macaroni and Cheese on Changing a Life and the best part it was a Weight Watcher recipe so I could join in for the meal.
It may not be pretty but it sure is tasty!!

Ingredients:

2 c Elbow Macaroni, dry
1 tbsp Smart balance light butter
10 slices turkey bacon
3/4 c fat-free half-and-half
3/4 c Sharp cheddar shredded cheese, reduced fat
3/4 c Pepper Jack shredded cheese
salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400°. Lay bacon strips over wire rack on top of baking sheet. Cook in oven for 17-20 minutes or until crispy. 
2. While bacon is cooking, boil macaroni in a large pot according to package directions until al dente. Drain and return noodles back to pot. Stir in butter until melted.
3. Add half and half and cheese to cooked macaroni. Stir until well combined and all cheese has melted. (TIP: I kept my burner on the lowest setting when stirring in the cream and cheese to keep it hot and help the cheese melt.)
4. When bacon is cool enough to handle, crumble or dice into small pieces. Add it into the macaroni pot. Stir until it’s well incorporated. 
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste (I probably added about 1/4 tsp each).
 
Yields 12 servings, serving size 1/2 c 
4 points on Weight Watchers Poitns+ System


Enjoy! 
Something to keep your belly warm in this cold season.

Thanks for Stopping by!
Don't forget to see the parties I link up to HERE

5 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious and I would never have thought about putting Pepper Jack in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mac and cheese. It is one of my favorite comfort foods. The recipe sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum Yum drool! The first three words that came into my mind :)

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover