Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The Day I wanted to SCREAM ....

As most of you know I've been on a weight loss journey last year I lost 105 lbs.  Since then I have gone from a no carb and no sugar diet to a lower calorie diet I've gained weight.  It's been so tough, I even tried to go back to my previous diet with no luck.  I've been struggling and trying very hard to keep to it and not let it get me down.  

I had to share something that happened to me yesterday.  I'm a stress eater and I was very happy with myself yesterday how I handled a situation.

I went to the doc in a box yesterday to get my birth control shot.  It's been 3 months since I've been in so the weight gain has been there.  I weighed in and it was more then 8 lbs since I was last in.  I heard the nurse actually walk out of the room and told the girls at the front desk.  WHO then proceeded to talk about my weight gain.  YUP they were like oh my that is  a lot, and on and on!  They talked about it for about 5 minutes, it felt like a lifetime of my biggest enemy self doubt!

I was hurt I was mad, these ladies don't know me they don't know the journey I've been down.  They don't known that I lost a 100+ lbs and now fighting my way to get back on track.  It was a lesson to me out not judging you never know the other person's journey.

NOW usually I would go home and eat, but I immediately kept to my plan to go the gym.  Even though it was packed and I didn't want to stay I did.  I did my hour on the elliptical and then went home to a weight watcher meal.

I wanted to share with my friends who are on the same journey, don't let people bring you down with their ignorant comments or looks.  They don't know what we have been through.

NOT me but how I felt yesterday ... lol
Thank you Google Search for the Photo
 

7 comments:

  1. You should tell management that you did not appreciate being talked about behind your back. That it is unprofessional. Tell management that if they are gossiping about your weight they are probably gossiping about others as well and it does not reflect well on the company. If you make it more general rather than specific it will get better play. Those women should not be in a job like that. Bitches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really sad that people have to judge when they don't know! Sorry that happened to you but thankful you worked through it. My journey, even though I had only lost 40 pounds, is like yours. I can't seem to lose weight anymore and put a few back on. I eat nothing but healthy meals yet I am stuck. Sometimes I feel I may as well eat crap but thankfully I know better! ((HUGS)) I agree with Patty, you should say something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have walked right out there and told them that I could hear them. And then complained to the office manager.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH.MY.GOSH!!!!! This gets my blood BOILING for several reasons. As a nurse, I can tell you that what she did is a breach of confidentiality. She had no right whatsoever to discuss your weight with anyone but the physician assigned to you. It is a violation and she could get in a lot of trouble. I absolutely would report it to whoever is in charge of that facility. If she is discussing your weight, she is probably discussing lab results and other sensitive information and it is not right. It's unethical and it is against the law!!!! Or, you can tell her to go F* herself. But that's the redneck coming out in me :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ALSO (sorry, not finished with my rant!), when a patient has a weight gain in a short period of time, the appropriate response would be to talk with YOU the patient and find out what has been going on. Did she ask if there was a change in eating habits? Swelling? Change in blood pressure? etc. She should have been talking with you...what if your thyroid is out of whack, what if you had started new meds? The list goes on and on!

      Delete
  5. I agree with everyone else - you really need to say something either to the doctor or to the person in charge. They should not be discussing your weight with other nurse, but the doctor if they have a concern. Great job on going to the gym after that. I am also an emotional eater. I just started doing the ellipical and 20 minutes is killing me. I hope to make it to an hour!

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover