Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Left Over Candy Canes ... No Problem We Make .. Candy Cane Crinkles

As most of you know I'm having laser surgery Wednesday night.  My dear friend is going to help me on Thursday AM getting the boys to school just to be on the safe side.  I am always so grateful to have her help and know she and her family love treats.  I had some left over candy canes from a project that I pulled out of the pantry earlier this week that I wanted to use.  Why not make cookies?

I went on a Google Search and came across a Candy Cane Crinkles recipe on Lauren's Latest.  She adapted her Lemon Crinkle recipe for this recipe, yes I so will be making the Lemon one's next!!

Candy Cane Crinkles

yield: 2 DOZEN SMALL

INGREDIENTS:

3 whole candy canes, crushed
½ cups Butter, Softened
1 cup Granulated Sugar
½ teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1 whole Egg
¼ teaspoons Salt
¼ teaspoons Baking Powder
⅛ teaspoons Baking Soda
1-½ cup All-purpose Flour
½ cups Powdered Sugar

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease light colored baking sheets with non stick cooking spray, line with parchment paper or use silicone baking mat and set aside.
Place candy canes into a plastic food storage bag and crush using a rolling pin. Set aside.
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Whip in vanilla and egg. Scrape sides and mix again. Stir all dry ingredients together in a small bowl and then in pour into mixer and slowly mix until just combined, excluding the powdered sugar. Scrape sides of bowl and mix again briefly. Stir in crushed candy canes. Pour powdered sugar onto a large plate. Roll a heaping teaspoon of dough into a ball and roll in powdered sugar. Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough.
Bake for 9-11 minutes or until bottoms begin to barely brown and cookies look matte {not melty or shiny}. Remove from oven and cool cookies about 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
*If using a non stick darker baking tray, reduce baking time by about 2 minutes.
ALEXIS NOTES:  I used a silicone mat.  My oven must not have been running hot enough and it took around 13 minutes to bake (mine also may have been on the larger side).  I used a box of candy canes so mine are extra peppermint flavored.  I also used my ninja to break up the candy canes.
The boys were my testers and gave these cookies a two thumbs up!  So you have some extra candy canes laying around don't throw them out try this recipe!!

Thanks for Stopping by!

Don't forget to see the parties I link up to HERE

3 comments:

  1. Look at you making use of left over candy canes.....smart lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the recipe. I saved it as I have leftover candy canes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet they are tasty. I love candy canes

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover