Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Monday, March 22, 2010

Tempt My Tummy Tuesday - Meatball Sub Casserole (by Alesha)

Blessed with Grace

When I read about this I just had to try it! Rick loves meatballs and I just knew it would be a HUGE hit with him and it was. You always know when a recipe was good, no left overs left :)

What you need!
Layout the bread
Beat up Cream Cheese
Add Mayo
Add Seasoning

Add pepper

Spread over bread
Add sauce to a bowl and water
Add Garlic
Add in meatballs
Top meatballs over bread
Top with Cheese
Out of the oven! Doesn't that just look yummy!
One of my favorite bloggers Alesha @ The Jacobsen Family posted this amazing recipe
Make Something Monday- Meatball Sub Casserole. I of course had to try it out :). LOVE it! Enjoy!

Meatball Sub Casserole
Ingredients
Meatballs:
1/3 cup chopped green onion
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
3 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
1 pound ground beef
------------------------------------------
1 loaf Italian bread, but into 1 inch slices
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayo
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 jar (28 oz) spaghetti sauce
1 cup water
2 garlic cloves, minced

Arrange bread in a single layer in an ungreased 13x9x2 inch baking dish (all of the bread might not be used). Combine cream cheese, mayo, Italian seasoning and pepper; spread over the bread. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella. Combine sauce, water and garlic; add meatballs. Pour over cheese mixture; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated through.

NOTE: Do not use light or fat-free mayonnaise! ... Ok so I only had light and used it, it wasn't bad but I'm sure it would have been better withfull fat! :)

18 comments:

  1. OMG, this sounds yummy & like something my family would LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would eat this - if I could omit the mayo. It looks so good - and easy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to show my husband this one.. Looks wonderful..

    Hey Poser I left you something on my blog today.. It is for a great cause.

    This is for a great cause and I hope you join in...
    Happy Early Easter.

    http://keepingupwiththeschultzfamily.blogspot.com/2010/03/hopping-is-so-much-fun.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow!

    this looks really amazing.. i'll totally be trying this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmmmm...that looks so yummy. I could never make it, but that looks so good! Thanks for the comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE this looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, love some easy recipes!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday!
    Love the theme of your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You could use olive oil instead of the mayo and it would work fine.
    You just need something to thin the cream cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  9. mmmmmmm another tasty recipe, thanks for the step by step instructions :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the step by step. My Hub LOVES meat covered in cheese. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh YUM! Never seen this one before - thanks for sharing, this just may be a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks delicious! This something my hubby would love!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bet that was yummy! My oldest would love it because she loves meatballs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so different and looks very tasty. I will have to star this and hopefully make it one of these days. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ok so some of those instructions just sound wrong (the whipping of the cream cheese and adding mayo) ;) but oh does a meatball sub casserole sound good. And it looks pretty awesome. Mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  16. YUM! This would go over SO well-especially with Rich!

    By the way-I've tried 2 more recipes you've posted! I made the Creamy Corn Bake (with real bacon though) and the Stuffed Meatloaf (with ground beef) and they were both amazing! Thank you so much for posting those-yum, yum, yum! I might have to get that cookbook ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Boy this looks really good, thanks for sharing and thank you Alesha, also!! YUMMY!!

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover