Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Party Food ... Biscuit Taco Cups

We continue with our party food theme this week.  This was a fun recipe I found on Table Spoon for Grands! Biscuit Taco Cups.  They were really simple to make and a fun twist on your usual taco's.  I made these for our dinner guest that come over every other week for dinner.  The boys and my friend loved them, her son only liked the biscuit but he's more of a picker eater.   My boys don't have a choice LOL and must eat what is in front of them.  I think most kids would love this one.  It would be a fun food to pass around at a party too!


  • 1 1/2  lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
  • 1  (15-oz.) can spicy chili beans, undrained
  • 1  package (1.25 oz) Old El Paso® 40% less-sodium taco seasoning mix
  • 1/2  cup water
  • 1  can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
  • 1  cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
  • 1/2  cup shredded lettuce, if desired
  • 1/2  cup chopped tomato, if desired
  • 1/2  cup sour cream, if desired
  • 1/2  cup Old El Paso® Salsa, if desired

  1. 1Heat oven to 375°F. Brown ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
  2. 2Add chili beans, taco seasoning mix and water; mix well. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 10 minutes or until ground beef mixture is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
  3. 3Meanwhile, spray outside bottom and sides of 8 (6-oz.) custard cups lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Roll or pat each biscuit to form 4 1/2-inch round. Place rounds over outside of sprayed cups; press to fit over bottom and part way down sides of cups. Place cups, upside down, in ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
  4. 4Bake at 375°F. for 14 to 16 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove pan from oven. Carefully remove biscuit cups from custard cups. Place biscuit cups, right side up, in same baking pan. Spoon beef mixture evenly into each cup.
  5. 5Top with cheese, lettuce, tomato, sour cream and salsa.

Alexis Notes: I used the back of my cupcake pan instead of custard cups.  I skipped the salsa but I'm sure the adults would love salsa on them.




Hope you enjoy these!  Have a great day!

I party and link up HERE

10 comments:

  1. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

    I love these. I am a bi taco fan and these are perfect to put out at parties! I bet they'd be gone in no time flat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see where they would be a big hit at parties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMY! I make tacos on English Muffins like a pizza often. Easy dinner for all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whooo Hoooo...... you are giving me some GREAT ideas Alexis! My next party will be a hit with the food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sure looks like it makes a lot!! I like the way you made the little cups out of the muffins.

    Following you now with this blog. I only post on it about once a week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so good. Do you have a bit yourself? It would be hard for me to resist these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd like to book you to cater my parties! Such great recipes!!

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover