Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Monday, April 29, 2013

Star War's Party .... Pool Noodle Light Saber Tutorial

We are onto the next step of our Star War's Themed party.  Since we will be having the party at the local pool what better then pool noodles and heck even better themed like Light Saber's!!  I saw several different pictures on Pinterest but not really a tutorial.  That was until I typed in Tutorial bam ... lol.  I found Fussy Monkey Business had a great tutorial and pictures to help me figure out what I needed to do.  I'm so a picture person if you haven't figured that out by now ... lol



What You Need:
Pool Noodle
Knife (I used scissors)
Tape Measure
SHARP Scissors
Silver Duct Tape (I wish I used the shiny silver it was more expensive)
Black Electrical Tape (this is a must don't try black duct tape like I did at first)

You will want to measure your pool noodles and cut them in half using your knife (I used my scissors and eyeballed it, something I just give up on being perfect). Then you can begin taping.  Add one piece on top of noodle (covering only half on the end - see picture), Snip to the edge and overlap, all the way around each side.  Smooth bottom of pool noodle, repeat to completely cover the end.   Turn noodle on it's side and begin taping around, making sure to keep it close to the bottom of the edge.  Make sure you keep the edges lined up when you go around.  Overlap just slightly for the next row of tape.  She used 3 rows of tape, I opted for 4 rows of tape. That seemed to be the right amount for the hilt.  Cut your black electrical tape.  I made two rows of black on the bottom and then cut strips to put on the hilt.  I eyeballed the measurements ... you can always measure them :).



I thought it would be easy to cut black duct tape into strips
OK stop laughing, it didn't work so well.
Thankfully I found electrical tape in the man cave.


This really is a pretty easy thing to do, the ONLY hard part is I bought like 11 noodles so I have 22 of these to make (you cut the noodle in half ... this is also the only site I saw that did that and I think that is pretty darn cool more bang for your buck!

Thanks for stopping by, if you're looking for more Star War's Themed items here is what I've done so far:

14 comments:

  1. WOW! Those came out awesome and they are so much safer than the plastic ones my kids beat each other with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great! I'm sure the kids will have a blast with them! Thanks for the link back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great! I'm sure the kids will have a blast with them! Thanks for the link back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are just a genius. You had to make 22 of these?? You are not only a genius but a very patient genius.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic. Your party is going to be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The kids are going to love playing with those! Too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see the kids now whapping each other over the heads with 'em.

    Bwahahahahaha. You are going to NEED the force in that pool

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yea!!!! I can post a comment!!!! Ok can I tell you my son is a star wars freak!!!? and he got that from his dad...(but he will never admit it) This saber idea is the coolest thing EVER! You find the coolest party ideas! Love each and every one of them. Have an awesome day!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cool idea! That'll be something the kids will love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE these!! Wanted to let you know that I featured your tutorial in a blog post this morning as one of my favorite pins of the week! :) http://www.chattingoverchocolate.com/2013/05/excitement-and-pins-galore.html

    Have a terrific day, Alexis!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those. The kids are going to have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I featured your pool noodle light sabers (AGAIN! ;)), this time in a Pool Party Pinspiration roundup post :*) Love 'em and couldn't resist including them so others could enjoy your post too! ;)

    Have a great day, bloggy friend!
    *HUGS!*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I absolutely LOVE this idea! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are perfect especially since our party is a Star Wars themed pool party.

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover