Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Monday, April 8, 2013

Soups on ... Slow Cooker Taco Soup ($5 Meal Recipe)

Even though it is starting to warm up, it's still raining here in Washington.  So soup is always a good fix for those days, plus most soup recipes I can throw in the crockpot and not have to worry about it!  Even with me working from home I don't have time to cook all day or stop and make a meal during the day.  

I went to one of my favorite site $5 Dinners for Alea's Slow Cooker Taco Soup.  A real simple soup that was a hit with the boys, heck anything taco usually will go over well.



Ingredients

1/2 pound hamburger, browned
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 cup bell pepper diced
1 3/4 cups cooked or 15.5 oz. can black beans
1 3/4 cups cooked or 15.5 oz. can white beans
2 cups cooked rice
1 3/4 cups or 15.5 oz. can  frozen corn
3 1/2 cups or 2 15.5 oz. cans diced tomatoes
15 oz. can tomato sauce
2 cups water
3 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
1 cup crushed chips
1 cup shredded Mexican cheese


Directions

If necessary, brown hamburger.

Add hamburger, onion, bell pepper, beans, corn, rice, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, water and taco seasoning to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 hours.
Ladle soup into bowls. Top with crushed chips and cheese.




Hope you enjoy this recipe it will fill your belly and be a crowd pleaser at the same time!

Don't forget to see the parties I link up to HERE.

11 comments:

  1. This sounds so delicious. I love soup on a cold winter night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinned! Thanks for another terrific recipe, Alexis! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks healthy too with the beans and veggies in it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmmmm and what yummmy soup that looks to be. Good job Alexis!! Now you made me really hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to use my crock pot all year long. Actually in the summer it is better than heating up the oven. This sounds delicious and can't believe it's a $5. meal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In caѕe, you will be much easier for the
    more competitivе kеyworԁ in the content of the websіte.

    To acquіre the best of eνеrything іn all ωalks of seo
    compаnу. But it iѕ fіne to ԁo some homework bеfore уou decidе to keeρ уour website ѕtructurе
    as simρle аs buуing a candу.
    But thеre aге ѕtill Ѕеo Comρany companies that have established themselvеs
    will tеnԁ tо сhargе higher prіces.


    My ωеb-sіte: affordable search engine optimization

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! Sounds similar to the one I make! Definitely have to try it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ditch or sub a few ingredients and it's fairly low carb. I do not worry about eating beans at all!

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover