Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Soup's on ... Crockpot Mexican Soup

Our third day of soup recipes we bring you this Crockpot Mexican Soup.  When I found it on Pinterest for my meal plan I found that it was just a picture with the recipe in the name field.  Which if you know me drives me NUTS!  I hate when pins aren't linked to a post.  So I went to a Google search and tada I found the recipe on Foodfolio and guess what it was the same picture (yup someone had to actually save the picture and then type in the recipe lol ... instead of just pinning the link ... ugh ... ok off my soapbox).

This was another one that had my mouth watering from the great smell but I was good and didn't take a bite.  My boys and my friend loved it.  Her son is pretty picky eater and only picked the chicken out and after some coaxing ate that.  Caden said he loved it and actually went back for seconds, and he doesn't usually ever do that!  


ingredients




  • 1 can rotel
  • 1 can of corn
  • 1 can black beans (drained & rinsed)
  • 2 frozen chicken breasts
  • 8 oz cream cheese
  • 1 packet dry ranch dressing
  • 1 TBS cumin
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp chili powder


  • Put all ingredients in crock pot and cook 6-8 hours. Shred chicken, and enjoy! 

    ALEXIS Notes: I also didn't use Rotel it's just a name brand I bought the store brand tomatoes with chilies (well this time I accidentally grabbed strewed tomatoes with chilies so I put it in my ninja and blended ... lol) I used my mixer trick to shred the chicken (put cooked chicken in mixer with paddle and it shreds it for you!).  I also added about a 1/2 of chicken broth to make it not so thick.



    Enjoy, hope this makes it to your table!

    What's on the menu tonight?

    Don't forget to see the parties I link up to HERE.

    10 comments:

    1. Sounds like another keeper - as long as I remember to take a Zantac first LOL :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. This sounds like a very good and hearty soup. I have never used rotel. I have heard of it but no idea what it is.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Rotel is just a name brand can of tomatoes with chilies :). I'm cheap and by the store brand version.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Rotel rocks though! I love any type of Mexican dish, this sounds good.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Those are some of my most favorite ingredients! Sounds delicious.

      ReplyDelete
    6. I have tried this recipe before. It is delicious. Here's another easy chicken recipe. Last night I made chicken and rice. So simple, I used brown minute rice, a can of cream of mushroom and a can of cream of chicken, and a cup of milk - all that mixed together and threw in some chicken tenders. It was so easy. Love those easy one pot chicken dinner winners! :)

      ReplyDelete
    7. Had to pin this one too! YUM! Can't wait to try it!! :-)

      ReplyDelete
    8. This sounds so good! Some nights we're so busy with the boys going to the Y. This would be a great thing to make on nights like that.

      ReplyDelete

    Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

    Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

    Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

    1800flowers
    Baby Pop
    BzzAgent
    cafe Press
    CSN
    Easy Lunch Boxes
    Faith Words
    Glasses USA
    Great Wolf Lodge
    Hachette
    Jump Start
    My Baby Clothes Boutique
    My Blog Spark
    Ouchies
    Pleasures.com
    red envelope
    She Speaks

    tote bags
    Strap Doctor
    You Can Make This

    Total Pageviews

    Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    friendhip2 from Anissa
    passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
    You're a Superstar Blogger
    you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
    Annisa (Over the top)
    Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
    Annissa (Queen Award)
    Your Blog is Fabulous
    Best Comedic Performance
    Splash Award
    Best Blog Award
    Dragon's Loyalty Award
    Photobucket
    The Heartfelt Award
    Daffy Commenter Award
     
    Pin It button on image hover