Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Themed Cookies ... Circus Animal Sugar Cookies

I saw this yummy Circus Animal Sugar Cookies recipe on I Dig Pinterest on a blog hop a while back and had to give it a try.  Oh man are these cookies good, so good that I had to actually send them out of my house and to my friend so I would not sit and eat everyone.  They are really sweet so most people could stop at one but not this girl .. lol.  Knowing my weakness I did what any good friend would do and give to her friend .. lol, she has kids at the house so I knew she wouldn't be tempted like me and if she was she could have the kids eat them .. lol.
1 c. sugar
1 c. shortening
1 egg
3/4 tsp. almond flavoring
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. (or a little more if you'd like) Circus Animal Cookies, coarsely chopped
1 c. white chocolate chips for drizzling (or Wilton White Melts)

Cream together sugar and shortening.  Add egg and almond flavoring and mix once again.  In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.  Add to wet mixture and mix until combined.  Stir in Circus Animal Cookies.  No need to chill the dough! Form into round balls, put on cookie sheet, then flatten with a fork while using your other hand to keep the dough together.  Sprinkle sugar over the tops of them and bake at 350 for exactly 8 minutes.  Don't overbake!  Let sit on cookie sheet for a few minutes, then remove to a cooling rack.  When cool, drizzle with melted white chocolate chips.


ALEXIS NOTES: I used 1/2 a bag of Wilton White Melts instead of chocolate chips, they melt nicer and I like the taste better (I buy mine at Walmart cheap).  I used my ninja to chop up the cookies, made them a little smaller then I would have liked.  Next time I'll do the zip-lock bag full with a rolling pin.  Also make sure you cut a small hole for pipping the white chocolate.  Mine was a little too large which didn't make my cookies as pretty as her's.  Or I could always use a piping bag with a small tip, but I was being lazy and didn't want clean my pipping bag and tip.


I found the animal cookies when I was buying treats for the kids and thought of this recipe and knew it would just be perfect to try it out!  I got rave reviews on these cookies from my friend and her family, along with my grabby little hand that kept going back for more!!

Wouldn't these be fun for a Baby Shower or heck just because!

Don't forget to see the parties I link up to HERE.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, they look so sweet and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw you on the creative corner hop- this look great. I am throwing a circus themed birthday party so this would be a good treat. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover