Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Basic 7 Layer Bars with an Extra Ingredient!

I love to make treats for my friends as part of a Christmas gift.  I was listening to Spirit 105.3 a radio station here for Christmas music and heard the host talk about these bars she makes every year that are a hit!  I went on a google search and found the recipe for Basic Seven Layers Bars on Chow.  Easy recipe now I added White chocolate chips because they are my favorite and doubled the recipe!


Basic Seven  Eight Layer Bars

Ingredients

  • 8 whole graham crackers (about 4 ounces), broken in half
  • 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick), cut into 4 pieces
  • 1 1/4 cups sweetened shredded coconut (about 4 ounces)
  • 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, or any combination (about 6 ounces)
  • 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts, such as pecans or almonds
  • 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk

Instructions

  1. Heat the oven to 350°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
  2. Place the graham crackers in a resealable plastic bag, press out the air, and seal, leaving about 1 inch unsealed. Using a rolling pin, roll over the crackers until they are fine, uniform crumbs (you should have about 1 cup of crumbs). Alternatively, you can place the crackers in a food processor fitted with a blade attachment and process for about 1 minute.
  3. Place the butter in a 13-by-9-inch baking dish and place in the oven until the butter has melted, about 10 minutes.
  4. Remove the dish from the oven and tilt it so the butter evenly coats the bottom. Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs evenly over the butter, then sprinkle the coconut over the crumbs. Sprinkle the chocolate, peanut butter, white chocolate, or butterscotch chips over the coconut, then sprinkle the nuts over the chips. Evenly drizzle the condensed milk over all of the layers.
  5. Bake until golden brown around the edges and springy to the touch, about 20 to 30 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and cool completely. Cut into 24 squares and serve.
ALEXIS NOTES: I used Chocolate Chips, Butterscotch Chips and White Chips making 8 ingredients used.

I must say these were a HUGE hit my own girlfriend was so funny I gave her treats at church then when I went to an evening service to give my other friend her gift my first friend tried to snag the box of these .. lol.  Even my friends husband and daughter told me how good they are and to make sure to give them the recipe.


Merry Christmas! I promise these will be a yearly treat!

Thanks for Stopping by!
Don't forget to see the parties I link up to HERE

4 comments:

  1. Delicious - I'll have to leave off the nutty layer (peanut allergy in the house), but the rest is more than enough! Merry Christmas - glad I found you through the Hump Day Happenings linkup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't made those in years! They were always so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yes I have had similar bars and they are so rich and yummy! love the flavors you used, if you have extra....I am sure you don't....but I would be willing to accept a couple hundred.
    :) Have a very Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover