Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Monday, December 29, 2014

Cleaning up the end of Year ... Cleaning up Dishwasher

Next on my clean up for the year is to clean up my dishwasher.  I have been have my cleaner use some CLR to clean up the deposits but that doesn't do much for the smell.  So after I cleaned the washer I found that the ingredients used for that can be also used to clean the dishwasher.  I did a google search and found several version of this same recipe but here is the one I took the notes from Bob Vila's Website


What you Need:
- 1 cup plain white vinegar (or unsweetened lemonade mix)
- 1 cup baking soda

STEP 1
Detach the bottom rack so that you can access the dishwasher drain. Thoroughly examine this crucial area, removing any gunk or chunks you find, because they not only impede drainage but can also damage the appliance.
STEP 2
Fill a dishwasher-safe container with one cup of white vinegar, placing it on the upper rack of the otherwise empty machine. Close the door and run the dishwasher through a hot-water cycle. Once the vinegar has worked its magic, you should find that it has washed away grease and grime, and even removed any musty odors that may have been present. Note that you can use a package of unsweetened lemonade mix rather than vinegar to achieve the same result. Remember to stick with regular lemonade, though; flavored options can leave stains.
STEP 3
Now sprinkle a cupful of baking soda across the bottom of the appliance, then run it on a short hot-water cycle. When the cycle’s done, you should notice that your fresh-smelling dishwasher now boasts a brightened, stain-free interior.
OPTIONAL
Has your dishwasher suffered a vicious attack from nasty mold? If so, add a cup of bleach to the bottom of the basin, then run the machine on a full cycle—that is, unless the interior of your dishwasher contains stainless steel, in which case you should completely avoid the use of bleach (bleach and stainless steel are not friends).


Thanks for Stopping by!
Don't forget to see the parties I link up to HERE

5 comments:

  1. I hate cleaning so feel free to do mine the next time you're over on the east coast ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, I'm going to have to try this on both of my items!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tip! I had a really poor dishwasher in my last apartment (very inefficient), so I wish I would have had this tip : / Thanks for sharing at Hump Day Happenings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dishwasher could really use a deep cleaning. Now I know how to do it! Thanks so much for sharing this at Frugal Crafty Home!

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover