Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Oreo Truffle Turkeys

I must first start with I'm sorry I have been away.  I had to travel to Boston for work and the week before I left with Thanksgiving I lost all track of time to blog or do anything.  I promise to get back in the swing of things this coming week.

I found this idea for Oreo Truffle Turkeys on Pink When so easy to make and you should have seen Caden's classmates, huge smiles!!


  • 36 OREO cookies finely crushed (about 3 cups)
  • 1 package (8oz.) cream cheese (softened)
  • 4 (4oz.) semi sweet baking chocolate (melted)
  • candy corn
  • candy eyes
  • tubed icing (to help things stick together)
Break cookies into cookie crumbs. Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended well. Shape the mixture into about 48 (1′ inch) cookie balls.Freeze for 10 minutes. Then dip the balls into the melted chocolate and then place onto a pan covered with wax paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.Once you have the cookie balls made, it’s now time to make the OREO cookie balls into OREO Thanksgiving Turkey Cookie Balls. You will need a few extra ingredients to finish off the turkeys. Remove the OREO Cookie Balls from the refrigerator (only cooling for about 10 minutes) and grab your supplies.  I just simply grabbed 5 Indian colored honey flavored candy corn and add them to the back of the cookie ball.
ALEXIS NOTES:  I changed a few things that I found were easier.  I used my ninja to make the cookie crumbs.  I made my oreo balls a little larger so the turkeys were a little bigger, I made 26 enough for the whole class, but I would say 24 is the perfect amount for these.  I melted my Wilton melts in the microwave.  NOW this is what I found was the easiest method.  Once you dip the ball in chocolate work quickly adding three candy corn for the feathers on the rump, add 2 Wilton candy eyes and I broke off the white tip of the candy corn for a beak.  I found trying to add the candy corn etc after the balls had dried to be a pain in my rump. :).  Now I also tried to dip several then decorate but my house was warm so the chocolate dried to fast. So unless you have a helper decorating after you dip the chocolate.



Any school treats planned to make?

Thanks for Stopping by!

Don't forget to see the parties I link up to HERE.

6 comments:

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover