Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Chewy Sugar Cookies

This weekend I had to go to a memorial service of a young 40 y/o man from high school. He was a young man with a very sweet little girl. I didn't have words to say but I have my gift of baking so I made cookies for the service. These Chewy Sugar Cookies from America's Test Kitchen came out perfect to fill bellies. 


Ingredients

cups (11¼ ounces) unbleached all-purpose flour
½teaspoon baking soda
1teaspoon baking powder
½teaspoon table salt
cups (10½ ounces) sugar, plus ⅓ cup for rolling
2ounces cream cheese, cut into 8 pieces
6tablespoons (¾ stick) unsalted butter, melted and still warm
cup vegetable oil
1large egg
1tablespoon milk
2teaspoons vanilla extract

Directions

Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in medium bowl. Set aside. Place 1½ cups sugar and cream cheese in large bowl. Place remaining ⅓ cup sugar in shallow baking dish or pie plate and set aside. Pour warm butter over sugar and cream cheese and whisk to combine (some small lumps of cream cheese will remain but will smooth out later). Whisk in oil until incorporated. Add egg, milk, and vanilla; continue to whisk until smooth. Add flour mixture and mix with rubber spatula until soft homogeneous dough forms. Divide dough into 24 equal pieces, about 2 tablespoons each (or use #40 portion scoop). Using hands, roll dough into balls. Working in batches, roll balls in reserved sugar to coat and evenly space on prepared baking sheet, 12 dough balls per sheet. Using bottom of drinking glass, flatten dough balls until 2 inches in diameter. Sprinkle tops evenly with 4 teaspoons of sugar remaining in shallow dish (2 teaspoons per tray), discarding any remaining sugar. Bake, 1 tray at a time, until edges are set and just beginning to brown, 11 to 13 minutes, rotating tray after 7 minutes. Cool cookies on baking sheets 5 minutes. Using wide metal spatula, transfer cookies to wire rack and cool to room temperature.

ALEXIS NOTES: I ran out of cream cheese so I used a trick of cottage cheese and milk. I also ran out of oil so I used Olive oil. I found my first batch made cookies that spread and were not the best looking. I made a second batch and added a 1/2 cup of flour, along with putting the batter in fridge for 30 minutes to firm up and bam better!

I sat with a few friends from high school and made them my test subjects and they said they were so most and delicious.



Enjoy I promise these will be a hit!

Thanks for Stopping by!
Don't forget to see the parties I link up to HERE.

7 comments:

  1. Look at you being creative. I'd just give up if I ran out of ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for your loss. I am sure they appreciated the cookies. Very sweet of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so thick and yummy! I will take a dozen. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow, half my message disappeared...but I'm sorry about your friend. It was very thoughtful of you to bring cookies.

      Delete
  4. Can't ever have too many cookie recipes! Thank you for sharing yours with us at Snickerdoodle Sunday. Looking forward to trying it. Pinning!
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I need and quick and easy cookie recipe today. Thanks for sharing on the Creative K Kids Tasty Tuesdays Linky Party. I hope you will join us next week.

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover