Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Homeless Awareness Month

I got a whisper from the Holy Spirit last week on the way to church and I'm hoping to share with you all. As many of you know I help a charity that brings birthday's to homeless kids. I love to bring smiles to these kids faces. These kids thankfully are in shelters or housing that keeps them warm. But so many are on the streets with the temperatures heading down. 

I've seen ideas on FB for homeless care packages and I told the boys I wanted to do this. They keep asking me when we are going to do this, so when I got the nudge this weekend I knew it was time to act. I starting my first monthly get together at my house this Sunday for us to make a ton of these to keep in our cars. My goal is to do this monthly and every few months head downtown and pass them out and maybe some PB&J sandwiches. I'll work my way there!

Wish me luck I think I have around 10 people showing up on Sunday and bring supplies for us to do an assembly line to make them! I of course have promised cookies for the kids to decorate and take home (my little bribe .. . LOL).

Wish me luck and prayers!

Here are some ideas of what to put in if you want to do this also!


6 comments:

  1. I always love these ideas of what to leave in the car for homeless. Working downtown, I always am coming across someone in need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those will make excellent care packages and they will be greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate your guidelines. It’s nice information for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! It is amazing what you do and these are great tips for other to join you in your mission.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that's amazing! You are such a kind, generous person and I'm sure the homeless will be so happy to receive the packages.

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover