Last week w/ Veteran's day the kids had the day off. Cole stayed home but Caden was invited to a playdate at his Friends house. God Bless that mom, I work from home and 2 kids in the house can be a bit much ..lol (sibling bickering). I wanted to bring over a treat for them for lunch and something that can be made a head and then she can put in oven when time. I also made for Cole at the house so he wasn't left out (explains the two different pizza pans in the pictures below).
I saw on Facebook these Pizza Rolls, then the morning of for the life of me I couldn't find that post so I used Google and found on Food.com the Pizza Roll recipe.
- 16 1/3 ounces buttermilk biscuits
- 30 pepperoni slices
- 8 ounces cheese, cubed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- marinara sauce, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Flatten biscuits; layer a pepperoni slice, cheese square and another pepperoni slice on biscuit. Gather edges and pinch closed at top. Place rolls in a small greased pan. Brush tops with egg, sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve with warmed marinara sauce.
ALEXIS NOTES: I used the mini pepperoni since that is what I found at Target when I was shopping. I also used shredded cheddar instead of cubed cheese. I also added pizza sauce inside the biscuits before baking since I wasn't bring sauce for dipping to their house. I also add Parmesan cheese inside with the Cheddar Cheese.
Here is what I did when I took over to her house.
Wrapped up and put the temp and time on the wrap.
Easy and crowd pleasing!
Thanks for Stopping by!