Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Hand Print "Turkey Cookies" - Made with Gingerbread Cookie Dough

A lady I made cookies for before asked if I could make cookies for her students. She sent over a very cool picture of a hand print turned into a Turkey. I ordered the largest hand print cookie cutter I could find and set out to make these adorable cookies. My cutter was smaller so I couldn't put as many details for the feathers. I was still pretty pleased how mine turned out. 

I found this idea on Some What Simple for Turkey's and started with a Gingerbread cookie base I found on Simplee Thrifty. For the royal icing I used the one I used for the Graduation Caps, I found this to be an easy recipe that works perfect.


Step 1-  Use Royal icing for the outline, feet, gobbler and name should be thicker than the fill icing.
Step 7-  Fill with the thinner frosting.  Just add a touch more water to the thick stuff you made.
Step 8- Pop the bubbles with a toothpick right away when it’s still really wet.
Step 9- Make some feet and gobblers on a piece of parchment.  After they are dry (several hours) they will come right off.
Step 10-  After your fill frosting has set up a tiny bit, add feathers.  
Step 11- With dots of frosting, put the legs on last.  
ALEXIS NOTES: I found that I could draw on feet with a small amount of black royal icing in a snack size ziplock. I added the wattle with a toothpick and some redish royal frosting. I added these after my brown had set up. I used small chocolate candies I found at Hobby Lobby for the feathers. I ordered my hand cookie cutter from Amazon (she traced kids handprints). 

Cookie Base:
Ingredients:
2 cup Flour 1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Ginger
¼ tsp Cinnamon
¼ tsp Nutmeg
¼ tsp Ground Cloves
⅓ cup melted Shortening
⅓ cup Molasses
⅓ cup Brown Sugar
8 tsp Water
1 egg
¼ tsp Vanilla
Directions:
Sift together the flour, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and cinnamon.
Beat together shortening, molasses, water, egg, brown sugar and vanilla until blended.
Slowly stir in the dry mixture until completely absorbed.
Divide dough in half.
Flatten each, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for several hours.
Preheat oven to 350.
Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Flour work surface.
Roll dough out to ¼" thickness.
Cut out cookies and place 1" apart on prepared sheet.
Bake for 10-12 minutes until they look dry.
Move to wire rack to cool.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks for Stopping by!
Don't forget to see the parties I link up to HERE.

3 comments:

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover