Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Pumpkin Whoopie Pie Cupcakes

I had some pumpkin left over from a recipe (one that failed but we won't go there) so I wanted to use it up. The boys went to Cole's best friends house to watch the football game while I did a few things around the house. I decided to bring a sweet treat with me when I picked them up, they had a large group of friends over so I had to share!\

I saw this recipe for Pumpkin Whoopie Pie Cupcakes on 3 Boys Unproccessed a while back and wanted to make them. They were very big hit with the party guest. The host who does not like pumpkin said they were so delicious and only tasted the ginger. 


INGREDIENTS

  • 1 and 1/2 cup whole wheat white flour 
  • 1/2 tsp salt 
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder 
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda 
  • 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon 
  • 2 tsp ground ginger
  • 1 cup organic brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup melted butter or 1 stick
  • 1 can pumpkin puree standard 15 oz. size
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract 
  • 1/4 cup yogurt I used greek
  • 16 ounces full fat cream cheese for icing
  • 1/2 cup organic sugar for icing
  • 1 cup organic 10x sugar for icing
  • 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon for icing
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract for icing

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Mix together all dry ingredients including flour, leavening agents, salt, spices, and sugar. Set aside.
  2. In a separate bowl mix together all wet ingredients including melted butter, eggs, pumpkin, vanilla, and yogurt. *Yogurt is added for extra moisture and puffiness, so I would recommend using it. 
  3. Sprinkle dry ingredients over wet, mix just to combine. Batter will be thick. Divide batter into 14 lined cupcake tins and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a pick comes out clean. 
  4. For cream cheese filling: Beat softened cream cheese until very smooth. Scrape down sides of bowl several times to ensure all lumps are out. Add sugar, and beat until smooth. 
  5. Add powdered sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla to finish. 
  6. To assemble: Cut the top off of each cupcake (make sure they are cooled or you will end up with a mess) with a serrated knife. Pipe a layer of filling, then top with cupcake top, and pipe another layer of filling. Dust with powdered sugar to finish. 
ALEXIS NOTES: One thing I learned is this is a dense cupcake so don't do the rule of filling only 3/4 of the way before baking. Fill them to the brim so you will get a nice bit to be able to cut off the top. Also my frosting was a bit runny so I added 2 more cups of powder sugar that helped firm it up but wasn't as airy looking as her's. I had some paper straw's left over and used those as decoration.



Thanks for Stopping by!
Don't forget to see the parties I link up to HERE.

4 comments:

  1. Those look delicious and sound yummy! When do you find the time.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look fantastic! I love your bigger photos. Much easier on my OLD eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well this certainly is a fun twist. Thanks for sharing on the Creative K Kids Tasty Tuesdays Link Party. I hope you will join us next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is perfect! Pinned and tweeted. We appreciate you taking the time to party with us! I hope to see you on Monday at 7 pm, so we get to see your fabulous new creations. The party goes until Friday at 7 pm. Happy Sunday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover