Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Movie Themed .... Popcorn Cupcakes

My next cupcake for Birthday Dreams (bringing birthday's to homeless kids) was for a little girl wanting a movie themed party. I searched google for some ideas and saw a ton of Popcorn themed cupcake designs. I found popcorn sleeves on Amazon but I thought would save me a few bucks if I created my own. I found some free printables then I went to hobby lobby and found the carnival section. I found popcorn bags, perfect I can cut these down! I found out I could cut down each bag in thirds!


I found an idea on Drive by Decor how to cut the marshmallows to look like popped kernels. NOW this is time consuming but they turned out so real looking!

What you Need:
Bag of Mini Marshmallows
Wilton Yellow Color Mist
Popcorn Bags (or Popcorn cupcake wraps)
Frosted Cupcakes

For “popcorn”: 
1) About 1/3 of the way from one end of the marshmallow, cut half way through the marshmallow
2) . On the top of the opposite end of the marshmallow, make three cuts that meet in the middle in a peace sign pattern. Fan out the three parts that you just cut. 

I included my picture doing the marshmallows, also stop by her post her photos were very clear showing the steps. Now I got about a half bag done in about an hour and that was with my helper. I had 24 cupcakes to do. I cheated and cut half the bag and mixed with the other uncut ones.  For the color I used Wilton's yellow Color Mist to dye the marshmallows to look like they had butter on them.



Thanks for Stopping by!
Don't forget to see the parties I link up to HERE.

11 comments:

  1. That is so genius.
    I didnt even know that mist even existed. I wondered how you did that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw these on Facebook I thought they were so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These may be the cutest cupcakes ever! What I love most is that they were made for a homeless kids birthday. I've volunteered at a homeless ministry for a couple years and it's the simple things like love and birthday parties that the kids love. Such an awesome thing you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable. My sister made a similar cupcake for my nephew's movie themed graduation party. They were a huge hit! Thanks for linking up to Home Matters Party. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, these are so adorable and creative! Thank you for sharing them with us at Snickerdoodle Sunday! Pinning to share.
    Have a great week ahead!
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable cupcakes! Thanks for sharing with us at the Wednesday Showcase :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just popping in to let you know that your post will be featured at the next Snickerdoodle Party. Hope you'll join us - party starts Saturday at 5:00 ET. Hope to see you there!
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much fun for a movie party or a popcorn addict (I know a few). Thanks for sharing on the Creative K Kids Tasty Tuesdays Linky Party. I hope you will join us next week.

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover