Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Mommy Files, Secrets Every New Mom Should Know (Book Review)

And now for my second book to celebrate Mothers Day! As a mom we try our best to find our moms and search out places that can help us one that I found was SheKnows.com. A great place for parenting, mom and women questions. Together with Jen Klein they present The Mommy Files: Secrets Every New Mom Should Know (that no one else will tell you!).

My second addition for you today is a great book that again brings humor and practical advice every mom should know. One of my favorite parts was the She Knows Secrets. One of my favorites was: For most women, it takes months and months to lose the bay weight. Well I'm going on several months past that but hey I like that I'm not alone :).

One that I know always hits me the hardest is people "advice" She Knows Secret: People's advice is simply that-it's not a judgment on your parenting skills. Now isn't that hit you to the core! Along the way there are even some great quotes from mom's just like us! We're not alone, some how it is just nice to see it in print :). Plus the crayon doodles on the pages and cover age remind me so much of home. And that hand print makes me laugh as I look up from my computer at our French doors leading to the dinning room with a HUGE streak, a nose imprint and oh yes look it's a face looking at me too like a caged animal about to pounce on me ... lol

What Jen Klein says:

And Jen Klein knows motherhood. She’s survived changing a soiled diaper in a truck-stop bathroom while suspending a baby in mid-air. She’s witnessed the judgment of the so-called “Mommy Mafia.” She’s found dried applesauce on her shirt. And in her hair. And the baby’s hair. And the dog’s fur.

Here she reveals secrets she’s learned along the way about mastering the art of motherhood, from how to handle strangers who ask how much weight you’ve gained to (finally!) getting them on the big yellow bus–on time and with clean underwear. Inside SheKnows.com Presents: The Mommy Files you’ll find:

  • Your mom didn’t know what she was doing either
  • A pediatrician is your partner, not your adversary
  • Playgroups are for moms more than they are for kids
  • Just because they can talk doesn’t mean they can reason
  • Being a supermom is all about asking for help
Jen Klein is a mother of three kids, the youngest of whom just started kindergarten. After earning a thoroughly useful degree in art history and studio art, she tried a career in banking. Klein has been a contributor to SheKnows.com for the past two years and writes a weekly parenting column called “Monday Mom Challenge” in addition to regular articles.
Happy Mothers Day everyone I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did!

Pick up a copy of The Mommy Files: Secrets Every New Mom Should Know (that no one else will tell you!) for $12.95 or on sale at Amazon for $9.32 (not on Kindle yet).

I was not paid for this review these are my opinions and experiences, I received a book to read and to tell how I liked it. No monetary or any other form of compensation was given to me. I review products free of charge to give my experience and opinion.

4 comments:

  1. sounds a winner dear, u have a deserved great Mothers day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My baby is 7. I think it's about time to lose that weight.

    Hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like one I need. LOL Any help I can get I will take. I hope you had a great Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice review. I don't have kids, far from that point as of yet, but I'm so fascinated by mothers and children. these books sound like great little helpers. and I do have a few friends with kids so it's nice to see the book's perspective in regards to them.

    lauren

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover