Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Just one of those days!

Yesterday at work I was just done, I don't know what happen to me but I was pooped I had it on my mission to work out. But for some reason I couldn't get my rear (literally) in gear. Rick had a early night from work and called and offered to pick up dinner, I was so in a bummer mood I couldn't even get excited that he offered. I won't mention that it was fast food but I at least could veg for a little while and even went to bed early :).

The only cooking I did was for the dog. I found that last time in my hast I put the biscuits in the container too quickly and the moist caused mold ... ugh! Yup had to throw them all out, so I had to make more. I found yet another recipe to try out! And I let them sit out all night to make sure they were dried out and ok to store.
by Dog Paw Print

1 cup (250 ml) dry oats
2 cups (500 ml) whole wheat flour
1 cup (250 ml) all natural peanut butter
1 cup (250 ml) water
¼ cup (60 ml) canola oil
1 egg, beaten (or Egg Beaters, equiv. to 1 egg)

Preheat oven to 350° (180°). Mix all of the ingredients together in a fairly large bowl. Sprinkle a bit of flour over a flat, clean surface, and roll the mixture out over the flour to about ¾" (2 mm) thickness. Use dog-themed cookie cutters or simply cut into rectangles and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Cook first for 20 minutes on one side and then flip the treats over and cook an additional 20 minutes. Remove to cooling racks and let dry out thoroughly. Dog biscuits are ready after about two hours.

12 comments:

  1. I think it is adoreable that you all include your dog into your daily fun. We can;t really make our cat treats (shes a fussy eater anyway). Our next baking mission will be Valentines day biscuits for daddy from Youngling Hope your day was better today :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is to a better day! Loving all the treats for the dog, that's great:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuk don't you just hate those days?! It usually hits me around 3:30 when my body is screaming to be in hybersleep! Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you had one of those days.
    Things are going to get better.
    Be sure to take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believer you had the energy to cook for the dog. Sounds like you hit a wall yesterday. Take care of yourself.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you got a night off and were able to relax a bit :-)

    I love that you're making the dog treats!! These sound so simple too-totally would make them if I had that cookie cutter....not that our dog cares about the shape, but they just seem like they'd be better that way ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They do sound really easy. I have to try to make these, thanks for the recipe. It's okay to get fast food once in awhile, you cook ALL.THE.TIME!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried the dog treats...well Bear tried them, the kids and I made them :-) I'm excited to try the pumpkin ones too-just going to wait until these are gone :-)

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover