Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

For the Beer Lover, A gift!

My friend's birthday was the other day, I wanted to do something special for her.  She is so sweet and always shows up to events thrown for me.  I knew she liked beer but that is so not my specialty (Give me baking any day).  So I thought why not make up a gift basket of things I know my dad would like since he is a beer lover also.  I've seen other baskets on Pinterest but not exactly what I was looking for so I ran with it.  I of course wanted to add something to do with baking (kind of my signature ... lol).  I found on The Good Wife's blog a recipe for Beer Bread that you can put in a mason jar, add the directions and they can bake it.

I started out with the gift jar:




Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic and herb seasoning
12 once beer at room temperature

Directions to make:
~Mix all the ingredients and pour into greased pan.

~Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. Serve warm.


I put all the dry ingredients in the mason jar.  Typed up a little note with the directions and all she needed was a 12 oz beer (which was included in the basket I was making).  Found a nice glass of beer picture in the clip art and printed on card stock, added another card stock behind it to make it have a nice little flair to it :).



For my gift basket I made, You Need:


Basket - found it at Walmart for $5
Beer (your Choice, I picked up Raspberry Shock Top - Found out it was her fav!)
Peanuts
Pork Skins
Pretzels
I made some Homemade Caramels
Added in my Beer Mix Gift Jar
(You can switch it up, I just grabbed some fun things that remind me of a good bar)



Have a wonderful day, and hope you have someone you could make this for.

12 comments:

  1. A beer lovers basket, what a neat idea! And thanks for the Top Loading Washer cleaning info - I am going to try that out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect gift! And I spy Rold Gold pretzels, which are my favorite snack in the universe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an awesome friend to have. You have the most marvelous ideas. I am sure your friend loved it all. I like the recipe too although I never have any beer on hand. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The beer bread sounds interesting, may have to try it sometime

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great gift! I will have to bookmark this one...my hubby would love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know a few people who like beer so something like this would make a nice gift for them. I love Beer Bread but have always used a mix. I like the idea you gave for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute idea! I'm a beer lover so I'd like this gift too! I've also done gifts where I buy 6 different interesting beers and put them in a fun gift basket.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun idea for a gift basket! Love the Beer Bread in a jar too-we LOVE Beer bread here :-) I'm sure I could come up with someone to give a basket like this to :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My broithers 40 next week and no idea what to get him so am making him one of these beer baskets to enjoy, will add some other little things too, but will def include that beer bread mix, thanks for inspiration x x x You rock sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Could someone please tell me what size jar was used (preferably in ml)?
    I'm going to be ordering a jar online and don't know what size to go for!

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover