Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I went in with Treats and Left with a New Title ...

I went to a PTF meeting last night for school and I made treats for the parents.  I wanted to make something very yummy but I couldn't decide between two cupcakes so I made them both!  Heck why not right?  I had a few left over when I left but thankfully there were kids outside that ate them.  I still haven't found that perfect recipe that everyone likes, we'll see what I find next month!

First off I found this S'More Cupcakes on this awesome blog Toni Spilsbury. I tweaked mine a bit and added 4 to 5 mini marshmallow's in the middle before I cooked them!

Ingredients:

  1. flour- 1 1/4 cup
  2. cocoa powder- 1/2 cup, like Hershey’s Cocoa
  3. baking powder- 1 tspn
  4. sugar- 1 cup
  5. butter- 1 stick
  6. milk or dark chocolate- 4 oz., melted in microwave
  7. egg whites- 3
  8. milk- 1 cup
  9. vanilla- 1 tspn
  10. honey graham crackers- quartered, like Honey Maid Honey Grahams
  11. jumbo marshmallows- like Jet-Puffed Marshmallows

Directions:

  1. mix together flour, cocoa powder and baking powder
  2. In standing mixer, cream together butter and sugar
  3. add melted chocolate, egg whites, milk and vanilla; mix together until creamy
  4. slowly add flour mixture until batter forms
  5. bake until toothpick pulls out clean
  6. set timer about five minutes before baking is complete, at 15 minutes
  7. add one graham slice on top of each cupcake then top with a marshmallow
  8. continue baking another 5 minutes until marshmallow is toasted and toothpick comes out clean


Next on my list was to use up some banana's and why not do a Cocoa Banana Cupcakes on Taste of Home's Website.  I had to whip up the frosting towards an end so I didn't have time to pip it all pretty but hey it still was yummy :).

Ingredients

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup baking cocoa
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon each baking soda and salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
  • 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 to 3 medium)
  • 3 tablespoons canola oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • FROSTING:
  • 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
  • 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
  • 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 1/3 cup baking cocoa

Directions

  • In a bowl, combine dry ingredients. In another bowl, combine eggs, milk, banana, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
  • Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or line with paper liners. Fill three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
  • Beat cream cheese, milk, chocolate and vanilla until smooth. Combine confectioners' sugar and cocoa; gradually beat into cream cheese mixture. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.

Cupcake Stage
 Frosting Stage

And since I can't seem to stop wanting to do and helping I some how volunteered to be PTF Secretary!  OH yes I stepped right into that one, our current president is planning on being president for 2 more years and guess who she wants to step in after ... lol.  Yup I don't just half do anything!  

6 comments:

  1. YUMMM! Those cupcakes look so good. You will make a very good secretary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cupcakes look yummy, especially the first ones. I'm sure you'll do a fine job as the secretary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you believe I am secretary on my school Parent Teacher Association. Such fun x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no doubt my ass grew just looking at those pictures. WOMAN! I'm fighting the spread these days. I don't know why, but for some reason I always gain weight in the summer. So weird right? I'm guessing its because I actually have time to find recipes like this AND MAKE THEM! When there is only two people in your house, SOMEONE has to eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I hear ya! Guess who is is in charge of the story adventure at our upcoming VBS? yea...Me. Maybe we should have a support group or something where we meet on a weekly basis and try to find out how we get ourselves in these situations! LOL!!!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover