Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Monday, December 17, 2012

Haul out the Holly Christmas Card Holder

For several years I have a Christmas Card Tree (it is an actual metal tree that holds cards) but it's seen a better day.  So when I came across this idea to make a Holly Christmas Card Holder I was sold.  I picked up the items except for the wire hanger and spray paint at the dollar store.  Note to self the dollar store clothes pins are very cheaply made and may just be worth spending a little extra  money to buy a higher quality version.  This was a simple one to make just took a little time but I think it was worth it since I so can use it again next year.
You'll need:
wire clothes hanger
yard of ribbon
1 pack of clothespins
green spray paint
pony beads

wire cutter/pliers
glue gun (I skipped this and just used the pliers to pin it together in a circle)
empty box (I used a piece of plywood clipped them to it and sprayed)

Pull the flaps off of the box, and clip all your clothespins (or do like I did and clip on plywood). Spray 3-4 coats of paint on the clothespins. Make sure to get in between the two parts as best you can, and underneath as well. Let them dry for a day or so.  (I was impatient and only sprayed 2 coats and should have done a little better and let them sit over night). Cut the hook off your wire hanger, and shape into a circle. Grab your beads. Then, alternating bead and clothespin, slide onto the wire. Continue until your wreath is almost full, and the wires overlap about 1.5 inches. Glue them together with the glue gun-lots o' glue here (this is where I just took the pliers and bent the heck out of the wire to hold it). Cut a piece of ribbon, and tie it around the wire, then trim the ends and glue that to the wires (I used a thicker ribbon then she did). Using the rest of your ribbon, tie a bow and glue that on top of your hanger (I skipped the glue part just tied it on).  I promise it is really easy!  



Hope you had a wonderful week and you may try this out!

10 comments:

  1. What an awesome idea - I love it. I just hang my cards from the archway between my kitchen and dining room, which seems totally lame compared to your crafty card holder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Great idea.

    Thank you for the beautiful photo card. You have a lovely family and you look so nice and trim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very cute idea. I'm sure it will be full in no time

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a GREAT idea. I usually have no idea what to do with my Christmas cards so they end up just sitting on a stand acting like they are on display. I like this idea much better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a very nice way to showcase holiday cards. You did a good job with the craft. It looks festive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I will definitely do this next year, I have faith I can do this craft:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea and so simple. I totally have all the supplies around my home- I'll be adding this one to my 'to make' list :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That came out really cute! What did we do before Pinterest?

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I get fewer and fewer cards each year, so this works!!

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover