Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Thursday, December 27, 2012

I promise I will always cut them ...

As many of you know I volunteer all the time, I really enjoy helping out and something are easy for me to do.  Baking is one of those items, then the other day ok a while back I volunteered (and now just doing them before the PTF president had to shoot me) to help sort and cut box tops.  When I opened my mouth I thought how hard would it be to cut a few hundred that was until I received the BIG bag that needed to be sorted and cut (I swear close to a million ... ok a few thousand).  That couldn't take long right? hehe I was kidding myself, it took me 3 days of working on them for 6+ hours each day.  I looked like The Hunchback of Notre-Dame.  I swear from now on when I turn in box tops I will make sure they are cut and also NOT expired.  YUP I will never look at a box top or a pair of scissors the same every again .... hehe!

Here is the FREEZER bag of DONE cut box tops!

The Campbell Label's I sorted out.
I cut half then gave up ... lol!

Have a wonderful day, just had to share so I can save the next dummy who volunteers for that job ... lol

Funny Family Ecard: If there were 'Box Tops for Education' on wine labels, my kid's school would be rich!

14 comments:

  1. I bet your hands hurt from all that cutting. I don't know if I would have done it, especially after the first 6 hours and I still wasn't done. You must be a Saint!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a tiny zip lock baggie that I fill and then turn in. Way to go!!! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I don't bake too often anymore I only have a few boxtops each month but I do give them to my bowling friend who does them at her boys school. Love the someecards. I need to send that to my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg, I never thought about having to sort out the expired ones. Awful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh man you are awesome for this lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, that is a LOT of work!! I really admire you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lot of Box Tops! I save them for my kids' schools and I always be sure to cut them down. Glad I do now, so it will help the volunteer who has to do all the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to cut down the baggie of mine that I have saved right now.

    Our school usually has a contest in the spring and the classroom that collects the most box tops wins a coveted kickball game with the principal and vice principal, so we save up all year to try and win :)

    I am seriously going to go trim mine right now, though.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is why I (make my kids) cut them before turning them in! And they really should look into box tops on wine labels, hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always cut! I volunteered for this once last year, never again!! Love that wine graphic haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can relate! I was our school's PTO box top coordinator for 5 years. My hands still ache thinking about cutting some of those buggers! Great program though, we'll worth the effort for our school :). Volunteers like you are greatly appreciated.. Keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover