Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Now we go to BEER ... Brown Ale Caramel Corn

Yesterday I posted the Root Beer, so now we go to the actual beer!  As most of you know I don't drink beer but my dad does and since he isn't getting around much these days I thought I better use up the beer he left here.  Why not make caramel corn for the Christmas party I went to.  Now of course I can't taste anything but it sure did smell good lol.  I asked my friends to try and they said it was very tasty.  I found this recipe on Betty Crocker.



8
cups popped popcorn
1
cup mini-pretzel twists
1/2
cup salted cocktail peanuts
1/2
cup brown ale beer
1/4
cup packed brown sugar
1/4
cup brown rice syrup or corn syrup
3
tablespoons butter
1/4
teaspoon salt

  • 1Heat oven to 300°F. Line two 15x10x1-inch pans with foil. Spray foil with cooking spray.
  • 2In large bowl, place popcorn, pretzels and peanuts; set aside.
  • 3In 2-quart saucepan, heat ale over medium heat, stirring frequently, until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 6 minutes. Pour into glass liquid measuring cup to confirm measure. Add back to saucepan. Stir in brown sugar, syrup and butter. Cook over medium heat until bubbly around edges, stirring occasionally.
  • 4Reduce heat to medium-low; cook about 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until thickened and syrupy. Remove from heat; carefully stir in salt. Pour over popcorn mixture in bowl; toss until evenly coated. Spread popcorn mixture in pans.
  • 5Bake 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, to caramelize mixture. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Break into pieces. Store in airtight container.
  • Alexis Notes: I used the popcorn in the microwave trick that I posted here.  I doubled the pretzels and nuts to give it a little more crunch.  I picked all these up in the bulk section of my Winco.



Perfect for the beer lover and I know what I'll be making my dad this Christmas!

8 comments:

  1. Oh man, you are chock full of awesome ideas. This one I may actually try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beer in popcorn? Who knew?!? Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not much of a beer drinking but the Miller 64 is pretty good.
    Low calorie and the carbs are 2.4. It is very light. Oh my that carmel corn sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I show this to my Hubs, he will make me make it. Hmmmm should I show it to him or not?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently saw a cheese dip that called for some dark ale, but I couldn't justify buying it just for that. NOW I see this recipe and know I *HAVE* to make both for our super bowl party!!!!!!!!!! PINNED!

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover