Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Alton Brown's Peanut Butter Fudge

Well a few days ago I showed a peanut butter fudge I made, then a card came in the mail with a very nice gift card from one of Rick's cousins and Rick suggested I make something ... hmmm now I think about that statement I so got played again he gets to reap the rewards and I have to make the treats ... hmmm ok deal with that later .. lol!  So I wanted to make the peanut butter fudge again but then I came across this recipe from Alton Brown that was almost similar but the way to make it in the microwave had an extra step putting saran wrap on it.  I thought well why not try it, it actually came out a little smoother.  I didn't taste (due to the diet) but my tester tried and said they really liked it.


Ingredients

  • 8 ounces unsalted butter, plus more for greasing pan
  • 1 cup smooth peanut butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 pound powdered sugar

Directions

Combine the butter and peanut butter in a 4-quart microwave-safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave for 2 minutes on high. Stir and microwave on high for 2 more minutes. (Use caution when removing this mixture from the microwave, it will be very hot.) Add the vanilla and powdered sugar to the peanut butter mixture and stir to combine with a wooden spoon. The mixture will become hard to stir and lose its sheen. Spread into a buttered 8 by 8-inch pan lined with parchment paper. Fold the excess parchment paper so it covers the surface of the fudge and refrigerate until cool, about 2 hours. Cut into 1-inch pieces and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
Alexis Note ** I used my silicone pan that made it easy to have them in bricks that I cut into squares. **



I hope you enjoy another easy recipe you can throw together for any party this weekend.

And find these cute bins at the Dollar Tree
Makes it fun to give out!

8 comments:

  1. You are a strong woman to make peanut butter fudge and not taste it! This sounds like a great recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to admit I have tasted a little bit this year but it's all under control!!!! These sounds yummy. Darn that powdered sugar, everything else is low carb. I like Alton Brown. I may try this for the family and I will taste a teeny tiny piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds much easier than the peanut butter fudge I made on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will take 10 of these for neighbor gifts!! looks great Love for you to liink this up to friday food frenzy Holiday wrap up linky party of recipes and crafts when you get a chance! http://www.stayingclosetohome.com/2012/12/friday-food-frenzy-holiday-wrap-up-all.html
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look yummy! I love anything peanut butter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peanut butter ANYTHING is A-OK in my book. This sounds delicious :)

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover