Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Friday, December 21, 2012

Last Minute Christmas Goodies

I'm putting my Friday Christmas movie post on Saturday this week so I can show some treats I made for the boys class and one of the teachers.   Here a few fun things to make that didn't take me until midnight to make ... hehe.

First I needed cupcakes that I signed up for Cole's class.  I of course can't just go pick up a batch at the store because I'm nutty like that.  I found these Ruldoph Cupcakes  (I found a picture only on Cupcakes take the cake, that I took and ran with) and just had to make them.  Now since there wasn't a recipe I had to kind of figure it out myself which really wasn't hard.  



To make these cute guys I first I needed a cupcake to make vanilla cupcake.  I found a recipe on Heidi's Recipe that was simple it used a vanilla cake box base and added vanilla pudding.  I thought it was perfect!


Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
1 package (18.25 ounces) plain yellow or vanilla cake mix
1 package (3.4 ounces) vanilla instant pudding mix
1 1/4 cups milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 dozen cupcake liners
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Place 2 dozen paper liners in cupcake pan.
  3. Place cake mix, pudding mix, milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer on low speed until the ingredients are incorporated, 30 seconds.  Stop the machine and scrape down the side of the bowl with a rubber spatula.  Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes longer, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.  
  4. Fill each cupcake liner 2/3 full.
  5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until muffins are slightly browned on top and a toothpick inserted in the center of one cupcake comes out clean.
  6. Cool cupcakes on a wire rack in pan for 15 minutes.  Remove from pan and sit on wire rack until completely cooled.  Frost.


Then to decorate the cupcake this is where I let my imagine go and just made it.  

Need:
Cupcakes
Chocolate Frosting (homemade or store bought)
Wilton Eyes (or you can use white and black gel)
Red Candy 
Vanilla Wafer
Pretzels

I was in a rush so I used store bought chocolate frosting (plus it stays up better since the cupcakes will sit out for a few hours before lunch). Then I added a little frosting to the back of a vanilla wafer.  Attach the wafer to the cupcake.  Break pretzels to look like antlers add on the opposite side of the wafer.  Add the eyes (you can buy at Walmart) or use white gel and add a dot of black (I rather pay a few dollars and they are cute). Then add a little frosting to the red candy and attach to the middle of the wafer for your nose.  Done, I told you easy!



Then on to the cookies for Caden's class, I saw these Reindeer Cookies on pintrest that of course was just a picture so I can't give credit (please forgive me).  

Need:
Nutter Butters
Bag of Chocolate
Pretzels
Wilton Eyes
Red Candy

Melt a bag of chocolate chips (or Wilton Melts), I put in the microwave for 2 minutes.  Be careful so don't burn like I did last year!  Dip the nutter butter in the melted chocolate, once fully coated add to a pan that has wax paper laid on it.  Add the eyes and then the nose.  I broke the pretzels to make the antlers.  Make sure to do this all while the chocolate is wet so everything sticks to it.


Then for the kids I wanted to make treat bags that were fun but also cheap :).  I found these Reindeer Noses on Read Write Sing Blog.  It was just a picture but easy enough to figure out what I needed.

Need:
Malt Balls (Whoppers)
Red Candy (M&M)
Plastic Bag
Red Ribbon
Card
Hole Punch

Add ONE red candy to the bag.  Then add a handful or two of the whoppers.  I put in about 15 whoppers for each bag.  I went on my computer and made a cute little design and then printed on card stock.  Cut them and then added a hole with a hole punch.  I had some red ribbon that I then attached the card and tied the bag with.  Done!  Oh yes simple and I'm sure it will be a hit!



And last on my list is something for Caden's teacher.  I'm giving caramel corn to Cole's teacher but Caden's teacher is on a Gluten Free Diet and I didn't want to give something she won't eat so I found this idea for Scent-sational Teacher Gift.  Another one that didn't come with a link just a picture on Pinterest.  Sorry to whoever had this idea I can't give you credit.


Need:
Candle
Gift Bag
Ribbon
Card / Printer

Put the candle in the gift bag (I used a snowflake one but you can use a clear one).  I printed out the card on card stock and attached with a ribbon.  You can make it smaller which I wish I did but I already cut and didn't want to waste another piece of card stock :).

There you go some fun things you can make up before Christmas next week if you needed an idea :).  The Christmas Movie post will post early tomorrow morning if you need some movie ideas!  Have a VERY Merry Christmas!

9 comments:

  1. So you do all that and more yet you still find time to watch movies? How many of you are there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All adorable.
    I should spend more time on Pinterest....

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are sooo stinkin cute! I have a Christmas party to go to tomorrow night- I think I'm going to give those cupcakes a try!! Pinned it!

    On Jan 1st I'm hosting at Best of 2012 Pinfest- I hope you'll come by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last minute? Not at my house. It would take me a day or 2 to decide to make this, another to get to the store and get the ingredients, and then another day or 2 of procrastination! But they do look FUN & yummy! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cupcake reindeer. So cute. I bet the kids loved helping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Rudolph cupcakes are super cute, but I may actually be able to pull off the reindeer noses myself. You know I'm not too crafty, but those are easy enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Rudolph cupcake is adorable! Thanks so much for sharing at Throwback Thursday.

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover