Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Nation Cookie Day .... Santa Surprise Cookies

Did you know today 12/4 was national cookie day?  YUP I didn't know that either until Facebook said something.  OH yes you got to love Facebook!  Well I just happened to make cookies so check me out!  A very sweet mom at the boys school who offered up a spare car for us to drive (which then turned out not to pass emissions and needs some work and her husband is working to get it up and running for us) offered to pick up kids when Rick takes my car.  She picked them up once last week and then today, so I wanted to make her some cookies.  I'm still feeling crappy so I wanted something quick, so I went to a cookie I had at a cookie exchange at my old job called Santa Cookies.

I did this very simple you can make your own sugar cookie base, I didn't feel up to making a batch from scratch so I went to my Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie mix.

Ingredients:
Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix (you can make sugar cookie base)
(Cookie Mix calls for Egg & Butter)
Mini Candy Bars (cut in half)

Make your Sugar cookie mix.  Then cut the mini candy bar in half (I tired using a full mini candy bar and it was just too big.  This is a great way to use up that Halloween Candy you have in the house.  Take a ball of sugar cookie, add half the mini candy bar and roll the cookie dough around the candy bar to make a round ball with a surprise in the center!  Bake at 350 for 10 minutes (the bag says 7-9 minutes but I found it had to cook a little longer with the candy in the middle).  Serve warm and you get a yummy gooey surprise.  Enjoy!!



Hope you all have a fab day, I am now going to curl up with some nightquil and hope it last until I have to get up for work. 

5 comments:

  1. I like easy like that and oh the possibilities with all the kinds of candy bars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy peasy and they sound awesome. I want to make some with Andies Candies now....

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I miss National Cookie Day?!
    These look so easy and delicious

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was nice of you. They look yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover