Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Wine Glass Cake for Wine Party

And now I must circle back to finish up the Wine Party I did for my mom's surprise 60th birthday party. I wanted to do a fun cake for her and saw this Wine Glass Cake on Cake Central. My friend April and I made this cake and I must say it turned out pretty darn cute! I Made a large rectangle cake and then we cut, frosted and put fondant on. It always helps to have an extra set of hands plus someone to talk you through always helps.


What you need:
Cake (I used the Sparkling Wine Cake Recipe)
Buttercream Frosting (I used my go to Sturdy Buttercream)
Fondant (I used Rolled Buttercream Fondant)
Modeling Chocolate (For decorations if Wanted)
Food Coloring (I used Burgundy Americolor Soft Gel Paste - For the Fondant)

I bake a cake a large rectangle cake (make sure to use cake release it helps taking cakes out of pans. I made a template by blowing up a wine glass (that I googled) or you can do it by eyeball. Once you have the cake cut out you need to crumb coat/dirty ice (lightly cover the cake in frosting). Roll out your fondant and cover the cake, since we were adding the wine colored fondant we did the white fondant in 2 sections (the seam would be covered by the burgundy color).  Rolled out almost a half moon shape for the wine part. I added some modeling chocolate I put into a flower and leaf mold to add a little something. For the 60 I took a circle cutter and formed the 60 by hand.

Cake Release or Cake Pan Coating (Hobby Lobby version)
Is the key secret I've learned to get a cake out easy!





Thanks for Stopping by!
Don't forget to see the parties I link up to HERE.

6 comments:

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover