Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Wine Cork Centerpiece (Numbers or Monogram)

I saw an amazing wine cork monogram done by Popular with the Poplins. I thought what a perfect idea to do for my mom's surprise 60th birthday party. A few things I learned: 1) it takes a LOT of corks to do these big #'s I thought 250 would be plenty turned out only covered the 0 and one line on the 6. I believe it took me around 375 to do both #'s. 2) Instead of buying them off Amazon (WHICH was actually the cheapest I found) you can go to Total Wine and More and get them FREE. Bring a bag to the store and they will fill it up with all the corks you want ... YES FOR FREE!!! Oh yes I wish I would have known that in the beginning and saved me $64! OR put a SOS on Facebook I found that a TON of my friends are wino's and have a bunch ... LOL!


What you need:
Corks (I bought 2 packs fo 250 for $32 a pack)
Wood Letters or Numbers (Hobby Lobby $12.99 Each)
Hot Glue Gun and a TON of Glue Sticks

I took my glue gun and put a glob at the end of the cork (I used the wine stained side up to give the piece some character). I started on the inside and worked my way out. It doesn't have to be perfect put them together with little gaps I found looked the best. It's going to take some time so make yourself comfy!



I must say even though they were a bit spendy to make I LOVE them!
Next time I'll hit up the FREE cork route and it would ONLY cost under $30!

Thanks for Stopping by!

Don't forget to see the parties I link up to HERE.

7 comments:

  1. What an insanely clever idea. I Love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those came out so cute and they were perfect for the wine party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out AWESOME!! I saw it partially finished on Facebook, and was curious how the finished look looked. ;) I knew you'd make it perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That turned out AWESOME!! I saw it partially finished on Facebook, and was curious how the finished look looked. ;) I knew you'd make it perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with this! Thank you for sharing this with us! Pinned and tweeted! I hope to see you at tonight's party. We are always so impressed with your creations and can't wait to see them! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover