Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Caramel Stuffed Snickerdoodle Cookies

And last on our cookie list this week was for my bestie's birthday!  She LOVES Snickerdoodles and I try to find different versions to make for her birthday. I've made Snickerdoodle Cupcakes with Cinnamon Swirl FrostingPumpkin Snickerdoodles and Mrs. Sigg’s Snickerdoodle Whoopie Pies. And Now I came across Caramel Stuffed Snickerdoodle Cookies on Yellow Bliss Road

I saved one cookie each for my boys and the loved them, my husband of course just wanted the caramel's .. lol. The only thing I came across was the caramel is nice a gooey out of the oven but after time it goes back to it's hard form. I doubled the recipe and as usual my cookies where a little on the LARGE side. I may need to invest in that scoop to make smaller perfect shaped cookies!


Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 3/4 cup flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 18 caramels, unwrapped
  • For Rolling:
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
  2. In a large bowl cream together the butter and 1 cup of sugar. Add egg and vanilla and beat until blended.
  3. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Add to the wetingredients and mix well until a nice dough forms.
  4. Mix 1/4 cup sugar and 1 Tbsp cinnamon together in a shallow dish and set aside.
  5. Divide dough and roll into balls about 2 Tbsp in size. (Using a cookie scoop is very helpful for this). Flatten each ball of dough with the palm of your hand and place a caramel in the center. Wrap the dough completely around the caramel and roll into a ball again. Roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture and place on an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
  6. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on cookie sheets for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cook completely.
  7. Store in a tightly sealed container for up to one week. Do not refrigerate as it will harden the caramel.



Thanks for Stopping by!

Don't forget to see the parties I link up to HERE.

3 comments:

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover