Onto the Cake and Cupcakes for the Wine party. As it turns out my bestie's birthday is right before mom's and guess what type of party she was having? OH yes you guessed it a wine party! PERFECT time to try out a recipe I was making the follow weekend for my mom's party! I came across this AMAZING recipe for Sparkling Wine Cupcakes With Sparkling Wine Butter Cream on Food.com's Website. NOW the frosting I had to tweak when I did mom's since the weather has been crazy hot here and I needed something sturdy so I used my Sturdy Buttercream Frosting and added a little of the wine into it.
I have never gotten so MANY compliments on a recipe before this one was a HIT!
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup sparkling wine, room temperature
- 6 egg whites
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 -6 tablespoons sparkling wine, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350°F Prepare a cupcake pan with paper forms.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until very light and fluffy. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together, and then blend into creamed mixture alternately with sparkling wine.
- In another large clean bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold 1/3 of the whites into batter to lighten it, then fold in remaining egg whites. Fill the cupcake liners about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Make Butter Cream: With an electric mixer, beat together sugar and butter (or margarine). Mix on low until well blended, and then on medium for another two minutes. Add vanilla and champagne, beating on medium for another minute. Frost cupcakes!