Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Wine Party ... Sparkling Wine Cupcakes With Sparkling Wine Butter Cream

Onto the Cake and Cupcakes for the Wine party. As it turns out my bestie's birthday is right before mom's and guess what type of party she was having? OH yes you guessed it a wine party! PERFECT time to try out a recipe I was making the follow weekend for my mom's party! I came across this AMAZING recipe for Sparkling Wine Cupcakes With Sparkling Wine Butter Cream on Food.com's Website. NOW the frosting I had to tweak when I did mom's since the weather has been crazy hot here and I needed something sturdy so I used my Sturdy Buttercream Frosting and added a little of the wine into it.

I have never gotten so MANY compliments on a recipe before this one was a HIT!


What you need:

Ingredients

    Cupcakes

    • 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
    • 3 teaspoons baking powder
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • 2/3 cup butter
    • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
    • 3/4 cup sparkling wine, room temperature
    • 6 egg whites

    Butter Cream

    • 6 cups powdered sugar
    • 2 cups butter, room temperature
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 4 -6 tablespoons sparkling wine, room temperature

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350°F Prepare a cupcake pan with paper forms.
  2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until very light and fluffy. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together, and then blend into creamed mixture alternately with sparkling wine.
  3. In another large clean bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold 1/3 of the whites into batter to lighten it, then fold in remaining egg whites. Fill the cupcake liners about 2/3 full.
  4. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
  5. Make Butter Cream: With an electric mixer, beat together sugar and butter (or margarine). Mix on low until well blended, and then on medium for another two minutes. Add vanilla and champagne, beating on medium for another minute. Frost cupcakes!

For the Cake I doubled the recipe and baked for 35-40 minutes. I found that the Middle Sister Bubbly Sweet White Wine was fabulous and had a perfect flavor for the cake.



Thanks for Stopping by!

Don't forget to see the parties I link up to HERE.

5 comments:

  1. Oh oh oh! I'm glad you posted that, because I remember running across that recipe and thought I'd saved it, but alas, I did not. And since I messed up my computer, all my bookmarks and saved stuff went *poof*! in the wind. :) You're a life saver, as usual! ;) And now I'm drooling. Thanks for that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally drooling over here. I want one so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like they were perfect for your party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look and sound wonderful, Alexis! Yum!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum!! Looks so good! Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover