Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Monday, September 20, 2010

Ground Beef Tried & True by Heidi Style :)

One of my favorite blogs is Tried and True Cooking by Heidi she always has a recipe to help me out in a pinch. Yes you have seen I've done several of her recipes, she is my girl in a pinch. Check out her blog I promise you'll never be sorry. If you like Taco's this is one of the best places to go :).
Beef Taco Skillet found on Tried and True Cooking by Heidi
1 pound ground beef
1 can Condensed Tomato Soup
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup water
6 (6 inch) flour tortillas, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup chopped onion


Cook beef in skillet until well browned, stirring to break up meat. Pour off fat.
Stir in soup, salsa, water, tortillas. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes Stir. Top with cheese.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tangy Meatballs by Tried & True Cooking by Heidi
2 eggs
2 cups quick cooking oats
1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
1 cup chopped onion
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3 lb. lean ground beef

Sauce
2 cups ketchup
1-2 tsp liquid smoke
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp garlic powder

In large bowl; beat eggs, add oatmeal, milk, onions, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add ground beef mixing well. Shape into 1 1/2 inch balls. Place into 2 9x13 inch pans. Bake uncovered at 375 for 30 minutes. Remove and drain. Place all meatballs in one pan. In saucepan, bring all sauce ingredients to a boil. Pour oer meatballs. Return to oven and bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Makes about 4 dozen meatballs.
ALEXIS NOTES: I added in a little extra oats to make it a little thicker & FF evaporated milk.

7 comments:

  1. I love recipes that are tried and true. Those meatballs look delish too. Thanks for linkin these up to tasty tuesdays! Oh, and love the collages. Great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking good.. I hope you are having a great week..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes to the meatballs! Even my youngest eats them. (It's rare around here.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay it's lunch time here and I'm getting very hungry. I made some meatballs for my dad when I was in Florida. I just searched for an easy recipe and they were also baked. He recently ate them and said they were very good. I might have to try these. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover