Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Thursday DVD Review ~ Mostly Kids Ones Today

This week was Cole week with the Wii Instant Download. A few DVD's to the house but mostly this was Cole's week. He had some good ones, me not so much. Hope you all have a wonderful week! And for those of you who ask how I can watch so many DVD's most are for the boys so I don't actually sit and watch those and mine I usually have them on in the back ground when I'm doing my data entry for work or blogging. So sadly it never gets my FULL attention but I get the jist of the movie!


This one was for Cole he sat and watched it but I didn't hear much laughing out of him not sure if it was just a little over his head or what. I watched bits and parts of it and wasn't over-ally impressed either. It was a good movie for one time but not sure it would be one we would ever watch again.

Middle school isn't all it's cracked up to be for self-described "wimpy kid" Greg Heffley, who discovers a frightening new world teeming with boys who are taller, tougher and hairier than he is -- and decides to document it all in his diary. Directed by Thor Freudenthal, this kid-friendly comedy based on Jeff Kinney's illustrated novel cast its star by asking kids to submit their auditions online.


I love Jennifer Aniston and Gerard Butler and I've been so excited to have this one come in the mail. Then I started to watch it had some slow moments and times I was like come on let's get this moving. There was some funny moments but it just didn't come together for me. I knew what would happen in the end and usually if the beginning and end keeps you going you would love it. I'm sorry I just couldn't get into this one.

Milo Boyd (Gerard Butler) is a bounty hunter whose latest gig is rather satisfying, as he finds out that the bail-skipper he must chase down is his own ex-wife, Nicole (Jennifer Aniston) -- but she has no intention of getting nabbed without a fight. Complicating matters, Nicole's wannabe-boyfriend, Stewart (Jason Sudeikis), joins the chase in this high-octane comedy from director Andy Tennant (Hitch).


J-Lo sometimes is not my cup of tea for movies but Alex O'Loughlin is YUMMY and I can watch him all day long! This movie of course was funny it had some cliche moments that you'll be like ok seen it done it move on but over all you'll laugh and even a guy would sit threw it! There is a part they end up a home birth, let's just say something a new relationship and enter the world of babies maybe should see. But you'll laugh maybe even snort!

When Zoe (Jennifer Lopez) tires of looking for Mr. Right, she decides to have a baby on her own. But on the day she's artificially inseminated, she meets Stan (Alex O'Loughlin), who seems to be just who she's been searching for all her life. Now, Zoe has to figure out how to make her two life's dreams fit with each other. Alan Poul directs this hilarious, heartfelt tale of confusion, confession and romantic slapstick.


Cole was in control of the Wii Instant Download this week so you guessed it lot's of cartoons and PBS is a favorite in our house. Arthur has always been on of my favorites and now the boys too.

More life lessons are in store for 8-year-old Arthur Read, the world's most celebrated aardvark, in this 10th season of the Daytime Emmy-winning series based on Marc Brown's children's books. In this collection of episodes, Arthur and Buster regret watching a horror film; Francine and Arthur make a bet to see who can conserve the most water during a drought; and Arthur launches an investigation after he's suspected of breaking a crystal platter.


Another one on the instant download for the Wii that Cole picked out. Another great educational PBS show. I'm telling you PBS rocks!

In the first of two episodes, Buster learns about big and small worries when he visits sisters Erin and Hannah, whose father is deployed in Iraq. And, in "Buster's Baseball Merengue," he experiences the cultural delights of the Dominican Republic. Buster makes a video postcard for Erin and Hannah's dad and solves a mystery at a Missouri Army base, then jets off to the Caribbean as an unofficial baseball scout for the Elwood City Grebes.


Another instant download on the Wii picked by Cole. He of course thought the Sheep was hilarious! A good one for the boys, I of course caught myself watching a few times.

From Nick Park, the award-winning creator of Wallace & Gromit, come the adventures of Shaun the Sheep, a skinny farm animal with an oversized zest for life, a talent for causing mischief and a knack for pulling the wool over the eyes of the farmer. Shaun's best chum, Bitzer the long-suffering sheepdog, helps him keep his other pals, tiny Timmy, roly-poly Shirley and the rest of the flock, out of trouble -- all while thwarting evil cat Pidsley.


As many of you know I would LOVE to be wedding coordinator, so it's no stretch that Saturdays on TLC with all the wedding shows are my favorite. I only catch Say Yes to the Dress every once in a while. I saw this on the recently added instant download on the Wii from Netflix. All those dresses were so pretty and some of those family members I would have to shove into the wall. Really people this is NOT your day!

There's a VIP client at Kleinfeld's in the fourth season of this wedding-themed reality series when mom-of-many Michelle Duggar (TLC's "... Kids and Counting") drops in to try on dresses for an upcoming ceremony to renew her vows with Jim Bob. Later on, a no-frills policewoman finds the dress of her dreams, and the staff helps a woman who's recently lost 100 pounds find a suitable gown to fit her new frame.


I've been a HUGE Danielle Steel fan for many years there for many years I would run out and buy her new book the day it came out. Now sadly not as much, this was a GREAT book, the movie was just ok. I love Melissa Gilbert but she plays and character with a french accent that just threw me off. It reminded me of a lifetime movie. This was a instant download for the Wii from Netflix.

Ophelia (Melissa Gilbert), grieving the death of her husband, meets Matt (Brad Johnson), an artist nursing a broken heart, and their attraction is immediate. But as their passion deepens, their hopes for a new chance at love are threatened by events from the past. Now, the two must look to each other for the strength to endure and find happiness again. Liana Liberato co-stars in this adaptation of the best-selling novel by Danielle Steel.


I love PBS they have the best shows for the kids. This was a instant download for the Wii that Cole just loved and has requested all.

With her incredible gift of gab, talking dog Martha goes on lots of fun adventures, including taking over Helen's class as a substitute teacher, using her imagination to retell classic fairy tales and leading a daring escape from the animal shelter. In this set of animated episodes, Truman tries to keep out of sight, Skits starts wearing a polka-dot bow tie everywhere, and T.D. panics over a report he hasn't finished.

14 comments:

  1. Ive got the Back Up Plan on my queue too! Glad it was at least decent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices here. I'm soooo disappointed about the wimpy kid one. I really wanted it to be good!

    Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
    www.mawhats4dinner.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Say Yes to the Dress. I actually watched about 8 episodes last night while cleaning the house. The new season is in Atlanta and it is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off I saw that life time movie you had up last week. Bond of what ever it was called. I loved it and cried and cried through out the whole movie. I so want to see the Backup Plan. I love to see what is out there for the children. Thanks.. Guess what? The Poser is out posing today.. Stop by when you can.. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to see The Back-up Plan, I enjoy Jennifer Lopez movies. I didn't care for the Bounty Hunter either. Kids movies look pretty good. We need to get a Wii so we can do the instant downloads. I guess I should do them on my computer in the evening if I ever stop blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to see The Back-up Plan! It really does look cute and funny!

    Saw the Bounty Hunter and it wasn't as good as I had hoped either.

    Want to see Shaun the Sheep one of these days-looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Say Yes To The Dress and I am so sad my girls are not interested inwatching Authur anymore!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i FELT the SAME WAY about bounty hunter.. we just watched it last wkend.. and i was so excited- then.. so disappointed.. it wasn't horrible.. just had a hard time getting into it!

    great reviews though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Back-Up Plan looks like it might be worth a rental.

    Do you have the "Martha Speaks" song stuck in your head? :)

    I tagged you in this post:
    http://www.frugalcreativity.com/2010/09/elmers-bag-it-forward-bagitforward.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. as always Alexis you are the best when it comes to reviews, the best xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel the same way about J-Lo that you do. She's had a few that I really enjoyed and some others that I didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Princess Nagger would have been in heaven with Cole's picks! :)

    I have wanted to see The Back Up Plan and Bounty Hunter - we just got our Wii back, so now I can set it up with Netflix and I'll put Bounty Hunter at the bottom of the list. ;)

    Great Reviews! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wasn't impressed at all with The Bounty Hunter and The Back Up Plan was ok....gonna have to check some out for the kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Bounty Hunter wasn't as funny as I thought it would be, but I still liked it overall. I like to watch Say Yes To the Dress on TV once in a while.

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover