Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Monday, September 13, 2010

Cookie Galore ~ Carrot Cake and PB & Nutella Oatmeal

It was cookie making time at my house this last week. One of my amazing bloggy friends Amy had a birthday a while back and posted her favorite cake was Carrot Cake. I knew a cake wouldn't ship very well so I was on the search for a cookie! I found one that had a cream in the middle but that would be pretty shipping so it was on to another one! Of course I couldn't do just ONE cookie, so mom gave me a bottle of Nutella and I had to find a way to bake with it!

First Recipe:
Carrot Cake Cookie found on Allrecipes.com

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
  • 3/4 cup shredded carrots
  • 1 cup raisins
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
  • Directions

    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
    2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, stir in the crushed pineapple, carrots and raisins. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; stir into the carrot mixture. Mix in the walnuts if desired. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
    3. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until bottoms begin to brown and cookies are set. Allow cookies to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheets before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
ALEXIS NOTES: I had a chuck can of pineapple so I shredded it, used some golden raisins I had on hand, used half whole wheat and white flour and skipped the walnuts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Second Recipe:
Ingredients:
1 cup flour
1 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter (I used crunchy and loved the added texture it gave!)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
3 giant spoonfuls of Nutella (maybe somewhere around 3/4 cup???)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside. Mix butter, sugars and peanut butter. Add egg and vanilla and mix well. Add into flour mixture and stir. Slowly stir nutella into the mixture.
ALEXIS NOTE: Again switched the half whole wheat and white flour, I had creamy peanut butter and I also added in a little nutmeg.
These made 2 very large batches so I made up two care packages. One for Amy and her family and my boss and their family. I love to bake and now my own neighbor moved I now will have to send my goodies across the country ... lol. I've been told everyone loved them!

19 comments:

  1. Yes I loved my cookies. I can make those carrot cake ones thanks for posting this so I can give it a try. I was so happy to get a box last week with a yummy surprise. You are way too kind my friend. When you can stop on by I think you will like my post today.. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look DELICIOUS!!! Thanks for sharing! Will give these a try!
    ~Dorcas
    http://4sweetangels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that sounds yummy!!!

    I haven't been commenting much, but I have been trying to keep up as much as possible.........I've missed you!....seems like things are as crazy as ever.......lol.....
    Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm all over that peanut butter and nutella one. oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These both sound delish! Thanks so much for sharing. I have yet to cook with the nutella.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a carrot cake lover so I couldn't wait to try this recipe and I AM NOT DISAPPOINTED. Oh my goodness. I doubled the recipe and grated 2 small apples with the carrots and pineapple (used 2 1/2 cups total on those 3 items). The cookies had a nice cakey- "muffiny" texture. I'm going to do a cream cheese frosting drizzle over the top. Thanks for sharing-- can't wait to freeze some of these for portion control.

    ReplyDelete
  7. my FAVE is carrot cake.. i will so be trying that recipe out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nutella oatmeal????? Uh, yes please!!!!

    Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
    www.mawhats4dinner.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just was gifted some Nutella! Will have to try these...thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are a must try for me! My daughter loves carrot cake and I really perfer to make cookies.
    Oatmeal cookies sound tasty too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amy is a lucky girl, because carrot cake is my fav as well:) I'm going to make these they are similar to ones I make....Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carrot cake cookies? Who knew? Sounds yummy. I might have to make those for the husband's birthday. Carrot cake is his favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are just the sweetest person in the world! The Nutella & PB sound SO good, I love Nutella, but I would leave out the nuts & raisins.
    I'm sure everyone loves you and your cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm SO glad you liked these cookies! =)

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover