Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Monday, September 6, 2010

Manic Monday Meals ~ Mac & Cheese & Banana Bars

Wow it's Monday and it's a holiday, guess what I did .... I slept in! I know usually I have my Monday post typed up Sunday PM. I actually took my Sunday night and was lazy, meaning I didn't get my post up ... hehe :).
I was asked by my friend **** April **** asked that I give a little more with my recipes. At the bottom of my recipes I do add the ALEXIS NOTES that give you any subs I have made but not really about taste etc. I'm going to start adding a post it note with some extra notes for each recipe :), Let me know what you think.
Baked Mac & Cheese w/ Bacon found on All Recipes

Ingredients

  • 2 slices bacon
  • 8 ounces penne pasta
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups milk

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
  3. In a large pot with boiling salted water cook pasta until al dente. Drain.
  4. In a medium skillet saute the chopped onion, and minced garlic. Take off heat and add chopped cooked bacon and set aside.
  5. To make the sauce, in a medium saucepan melt the butter or margarine over low heat. Once melted, add the flour and stir constantly for 2 minutes. Gradually add milk and continue stirring until thickened. Stir in 2 cups of the grated Cheddar cheese and stir until melted.
  6. Combine cooked pasta, sauteed vegetables and sauce. Pour into a 2 quart casserole dish. Add the last cup of grated Cheddar cheese to top of mixture.
  7. Bake uncovered in preheated oven until cheese on top is melted and brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve warm.

ALEXIS NOTES: I used whole wheat noodles, whole wheat flour and turkey bacon (take that Amy). It turned out great and no one said anything about my subs.






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Second recipe was one I made for church on Sunday, they went so quick I didn't even get one. I heard they were very yummy and they did smell good :).
Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas
  • 1 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup dry cocoa powder
Method

In bowl, cream butter and sugar; add egg and vanilla. Blend in bananas. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to mixture; stir well. Divide batter in half. Stir cocoa powder into one half and spread in a 13x9x2-inch greased pan. Spoon remaining batter on top; swirl with knife. Bake about 25 minutes at 350 degrees, or until bars spring back.


ALEXIS NOTES: These came out almost like a cake so don't think it's a cookie texture. If I was making for home I would have use whole wheat flour.





11 comments:

  1. Wow, I have real bacon in my fridge, and I have to wait till hubby is at work to cook it, lol, he does not like the smell. I have been craving mac n cheese, so this sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those banana bars sound amazing! I'll have to give them a try :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mac and cheese recipe is a must eat for me. Yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mac & cheese sounds great! I was just looking at my ripe bananas and I think I may have to try this one. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. macaroni cheese mmmmmmmm one of my all time favs, but please leave the bananas out:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yum! I'll be putting bacon in my next batch of mac n cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything is better with bacon! But those banana bars sound fabulous, and I definitely want to try that recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If only I could actually eat that mac and cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them both, I must make those banana bars :) Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover