Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Thursday DVD Review ~ Mostly Kids Instant Downloads


With the holiday weekend my rentals were off so it was a LOT of instant download for the kids and two movies not for me ... :( bad week for mom!

This is one for Rick but he never got a chance to watch so I tried to watch it ... yup wish I didn't it was so a Rick movie not something I would EVER like. Back in the envelope it went.

After learning that their handler, Max (Jason Patric), has set them up, a group of disavowed CIA operatives led by Clay -- aka the Colonel (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) -- bands together to bring down their betrayers in this slick action thriller. The film, adapted from the comic book series by Andy Diggle and Jock, co-stars Zoe Saldana, Idris Elba, Chris Evans, Columbus Short and Holt McCallany; Sylvain White directs.


This looked so funny on the previews and then it arrived in my mailbox and what a let down. It had a few funny parts but overall it just let me down. I kept waiting for Janet Jackson to have a wardrobe malfunction with how dangerously close her blouse was bulging. YUP that is the only thing that my mind could think about.

An annual Caribbean retreat turns into a week of life-altering revelations when four couples bust their relationships wide open in filmmaker Tyler Perry's take on modern love, devotion, unfaithfulness and forgiveness. Angela (Tasha Smith) can't trust sportscaster Marcus (Michael Jai White) anymore, Sheila's (Jill Scott) ex (Richard T. Jones) toys with her new marriage and more. Janet Jackson, Malik Yoba, Lamman Rucker and Sharon Leal also star.


Cole picked this one out and loved it I could hear it and everytime I heard Rodney's voice I just laughed he is great. I never heard of this until I saw it on the instant download.

Actor-comedian Rodney Dangerfield co-wrote and produced this original animated tale about a streetwise city dog named Rover (also voiced by Dangerfield) who leaves the lights and excitement of the Las Vegas strip behind to become a farm dog. Of course, it doesn't take long for Rover to test out his best pickup lines on a pretty collie named Daisy (Susan Boyd), who tries her best to tame his urban instincts.



I found this one for Caden the other day on the instant download, thought he loves dino a dragon would be up his alley. He actually sat and watched a good amount of it before wondering, but won't let me turn it off he wanted to do the drive by like mom watches DVD's :).

Spirited young Kayley, daughter of a celebrated Round Table knight, embarks on a crusade to recover the magical sword Excalibur after the maniacal Sir Ruber pilfers it, aiming to unseat King Arthur from the throne. Kayley enlists the help of a sightless recluse, a silver-winged falcon and a comical, two-headed dragon to thwart Ruber's plan and save the kingdom of Camelot. Celebrity voices include Pierce Brosnan, Jane Seymour and Don Rickles.


Yes another PBS show on the instant download on the Wii. I can't say it enough I have found the great shows on PBS that have a great feeling and teaching to them. Sid is a new fav for both boys :).

Sid's a kid with a lot of questions, and this Emmy-nominated PBS Kids show is all about answering them. When Sid asks a question in school, he and his classmates work together to uncover the answer using science experiments, discussions and songs. Blending live action and animation, this collection of episodes teaches curious young scientists about teeth, sneezing, getting a shot and other health topics.


Yet another Instant Download on the Wii from PBS, Cole is now all about this show. LOVE the teaching it does.

Join Super Readers Whyatt Beanstalk, Little Red Riding Hood, Princess Pea and Pig as they use their literacy skills to learn how to bake a birthday cake, pay a visit to the Tooth Fairy and prevent evil Eraser from destroying important words. In one memorable episode of this cartoon collection, popular heroes such as Cinderella and the Frog Prince square off on the soccer field against villains like the Big Bad Wolf and the Wicked Witch.


10 comments:

  1. i like super why too! i've to admit that i pay more attention than ash to this one.

    ~ash's mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quest for Camelot looks realy cute. We love super Why too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad i read your review on 'why did i get married too'... cause it always looked funny to me.. but now i know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WE LOVE SID AND SUPER WHY!!!! love love love!!! Great review.

    Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma What's for Dinner
    www.mawhats4dinner.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess that instant download is a mother's best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the reviews. I had seen the first Tyler Perry movie and it was just okay, haven't seen this one yet but may watch it when it gets to cable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My boys watched Quest for Camelot awhile back. I think they all liked it. I still have to mail back my Netflix movies from last week! oops.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My kids (and I) used to love Super Why and all those PBS shows. So good and no commercials like on Disney.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man I didn't see any of those LOL well other than Sid LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. As usual, I love your reviews... you seem to be spot on as to what I think each movie would be like, so I don't have to waste my time watching any garbage and I know what to get for my grandson. YOU ROCK!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover