Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Friday, September 17, 2010

Watkins Delish Treats

A while back I did a review for Watkins Whole Wheat Pizza Dough, that was delish. Now I had a chance to try out the White Deep Dish Pizza Crust Mix and my all time favorite a NEW cookbook.
Something I forgot to mention last time was instead of heading to the store you can order online all these amazing items. My new best friend is Evelyn my Watkins rep, please check her site out for some awesome treats!
The White Deep Dish Pizza Crust Mix was fabulous I just put some cheese on it like cheesy bread, the boys LOVED it. The texture was to die for and the taste was a little on the sweet side it was just perfect!
My second recipe to share was the caramels I made in the microwave!!! Now just trust me DON'T put the vanilla in during the microwave part! It will turn into a curdle mess!!! Add it at the end and you'll be just fine :).

Homemade Microwave Caramels
MeasureIngredient
1 cupButter or margarine, melted
2¼ cupPacked brown sugar
14½ ounceSweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated)
1 cupLight corn syrup
1 tablespoonVanilla extract
Butter a 13x9 inch baking dish. SEt aside. Combine first 4 ingredients in 3 quart microwave safe bowl. Microwave (HIGH) 17 minuutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Remove from microwave. Stir in vanilla extract. Pour into prepared baking dish. Cool. When set, cut into squares and wrap individually in waxed paper. Store in refrigerator. Makes 117 one inch pieces.
Enjoy I had to actually pack up the caramels and have Cole take them next door, I couldn't STOP eating them :).

13 comments:

  1. Those both look great. I need some of that cheesy bread, like now!!!!

    Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
    www.mawhats4dinner.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, never heard of Watkins before. Thanks for posting the micro carmel recipe. I was just talking with my mom and she asked me for my recipe for it and I couldn't find it, now I have it handy. Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOH sounds so yummie.. I love carmels.. but never did them home made before.. maybe sometime after getting a better microwave in the future..

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking good. No I got the same cookies. No worries though they are great. I have something on my blog and would love for you to stop by and join in if you can. Thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I try to avoid caramels because of my dental work, but these look SO good! I'd have to give them away, too.

    What size pizza does that make? It looks huge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The caramels wouldn't last around here either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love caramels. I am definitely going to make these. In the microwave? HECK YES!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooohh my god I am droooling. I love caramel...must resist the temptation to...do you think they sell Watkins at Winco?

    ReplyDelete
  9. The carmels are a must try item this fall! Hope you have a wonderful, RELAXING weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Caramel in the microwave?? Thats just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Caramels in the microwave..Brilliant!! I wouldn't be able to stop eating them. You have much more will power than I do!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG, these both look to DIE for!
    I think I will have to make these caramels for Halloween and for Christmas. I love making something homemade to give to the neighbor kids that know me.
    You are so sweet to keep baking for your neighbors, you have the biggest heart of anyone I know. HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover