Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Monday, May 28, 2012

Patriotic Jell-O Shot’s

Over this past weekend I was invited to a house party.  Let me back up, I’ve been walking with a friend from my previous job.  We post on FB about us walking.  One day I get a private msg from a friend of hers.  Turns out this girl was one of my very first roommates 15 years ago!  I know small freaking world.  Being the sweet person she is she invited me to their house party.  Well you know me I can’t go in empty handed so I brought Jell-O shots and Cupcakes (I’ll show the cupcakes tomorrow).  I thought with this being a celebration of the amazing people that fight for our freedom, why not do red, white and blue.

IMG_6870I found a Fourth of July  Jell-O Shot that I played around with and I’ve found this to be the best layered shot around  I’ve done so far.

Preparation: Lightly spray wells with bake spray. Wipe off excess (only a light coat is needed.)

Ingredients:

  • 1 large blueberry Jell-O Box
  • 1 large strawberry Jell-O Box
  • 2, 14oz cans sweetened condensed milk
  • 5 cups water; divided use
  • 8, single packs of Knox Gelatin, divided use
  • 2 cups of vodka, divided use

Instructions:

  1. Measure out 2 cups water into a bowl and sprinkle 2 packets of gelatin on top and allow to bloom for 2-3 minutes. Pour bloomed mixture into a saucepan over low heat. Stir mixture constantly until gelatin dissolves. Remove from heat and pour in blueberry Jell-O.  Add ½ cup of vodka to blueberry Jell-O mixture and stir to combine.
  2. Repeat step two for the strawberry Jell-O.
  3. Empty sweetened, condensed milk into a bowl; set aside. Measure out 1 cup of water into a bowl. Sprinkle 4 packets of gelatin on top and allow to bloom for about 2-3 minutes. Pour bloomed mixture into a saucepan over low heat. Stir the mixture constantly until the gelatin dissolves. Remove from heat and pour the dissolved gelatin into the sweetened ,condensed milk. Add 1 cup vodka to mixture and stir to combine.

Assembly:

  1. Remove chilled pan from refrigerator. Measure and pour evenly out strawberry Jell-O into wells. Transfer to the refrigerator and chill for about 30 minutes to an hour to set. 
  2. Remove the pan from the refrigerator. Measure and pour evenly the sweetened, condensed milk on top of strawberry layer. Return pan to refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes to an hour to set.
  3. Remove the pan from refrigerator. Measure and pour evenly of blueberry Jell-O on top of the sweetened, condensed milk layer. Return  pan to refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes to an hour to set.
  4. You can do smaller layers but I didn’t have time to do multiple layers so I just did the 3 layers.

Hope you try this for your next party, it was a lot of fun to make and watch the people enjoy.

Recipes2

7 comments:

  1. Now your talking girl, Nothing like a jell-o shot to get things going. So cool that you got to catch up with an old friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are neat but we dont drink to much here. we have an occasional drink but not something that I would want to fight with everytime we have a party. I might try this if we have a party with the guys my husband works with but not just for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure they were the hit of the party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious and I bet they were a big hit at the party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well these look like a night of fun! Very cool idea! (and such a small world...love how Facebook does that!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You rock and how awesome to have another friend. Those look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I make Jello just like that!! Except without the alcohol...I'll definitely have to try these sometime! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover