Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Summer Time … Watermelon Cupcakes

I’ve been seeing the watermelon cupcake on Pinterest for a while and I’ve wanted to try them out.  All the links I clicked on only had a picture.  So I created my own.  I took a yellow cake recipe added some red food coloring and some chocolate chunks.

IMG_6899

Ingredients
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 8 egg yolks
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups cake flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • Chocolate Chunks (or mini chocolate chips)
  • Red Food Coloring
  • Oreo Cookie (I added one at the bottom this doesn’t have to be done)
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 2 - 8 inch round pans. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolks one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated. Add in your red food coloring (I use Wilton Gel).  Once mixed well add in your chocolate chunks (chunks look like actual seeds). If you want put a Oreo at the bottom then/or pour batter into prepared pans.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tops spring back when lightly tapped. Cool 15 minutes before turning out onto cooling racks.

Recipes3

Easy Pudding Frosting

For the frosting I made one I’ve seen again on Pinterest but I couldn’t find an actual link to the recipe.  So why not create my own link!

IMG_6893
Frosting Ingredients
  • 1 package Cream Cheese (Room Temperature)
  • 1 container whipped topping (Room Temperature)
  • 1 package of vanilla pudding (I used pistachio)
  • 1/2 to 1 cup of Vanilla (depending on how thick you want it)
  • Food Coloring if needed
Directions

Cream together the cream cheese and whipped topping.  Once mixed completely add in pudding. I used pistachio for the color and the taste.  Slowly add in 1/2 cup of milk mix and if you need it to be thinner add another cup of 1/2 cup of milk.  Add food coloring if you want it to be a deeper green. Once mixed together you put in a piping bag (or a Ziploc bag with corner cut off).

Recipes1

Now Frost your cupcake and tada you have a Watermelon Cupcake with an Oreo bottom if you please.

Recipes2

Recipes

6 comments:

  1. You come up with the yummiest recipes. Save a cupcake for me please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yum, however am I missing something....there is no watermelon in this recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look really cute. I was thinking they might taste like watermelon! Of course I don't know how you could make that happen :)

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover