Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Back to rainy days here so bring on the soup

We have gone from some amazing 70 and 80 degree days to downpour rain.  I must have had my physic hat on when I did my meal plan because when I woke up Monday it was pouring and didn’t stop so my plan for dinner fit so perfect.  Here I thought I was thinking it was just something easy but it turned out to be easy and warming just what we needed.

I found this recipe for Low Fat Lasagna Soup on What’s Cookin’ Italian Style Cuisine that turned out so yummy and the best part was I didn’t spend an hour + making perfect stacks to just come out with goo when I tried to cut into it.  YUP mine never looks like the kind you get in the restaurant standing up and looking all pretty.   Enjoy this soup I promise everyone will love it and not even know it was low fat.

Low Fat Lasagna Soup

Ingredients:

32 ounces of homemade chicken broth or use canned low sodium 99% fat free
2 lbs of fresh plum tomatoes diced or use a 28 ounce of whole tomatoes rinsed then diced to lower the salt content
2 cups
homemade tomato sauce or  jar store bought your favorite kind
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 bell pepper finely chopped (I put mine in the food processor)
1/2 teaspoon each chopped parsley, basil, oregano fresh or dried
4 links of
Italian mild turkey sausage snipped in small slices with a kitchen shears
1 pound of ground turkey
1 tablespoon oil
2 cups broken whole grain lasagna noodles
2 teaspoons grating cheese
salt and pepper to taste
pinch of cayenne

(I used canned chicken broth, canned tomatoes, store bought sauce.  I skipped the parsley and cayenne.  I know I should use fresh but you have to go with what you got.)

In a large dutch oven add the tablespoon of olive oil, both meats,  and peppers. Fry until the bottom starts to turn brown, stirring, this takes around 10 minutes. Add garlic and cook one minute. Next add all the liquids and spices. Cook around 20 minutes. Add broken up lasagna noodles and 2 teaspoons grating cheese. Let it cook for another 10 minutes for noodles to soften. Ladle into oven proof bowls, top with shredded fat free or low fat mozzarella cheese and broil till brown. You can also add a dollap of fat free ricotta cheese instead or both.

Recipes

See I told you it looked yummy!  It was perfect!

10 comments:

  1. Yum! I love anything that says lasagna:) We were rainy for a while now dry again and hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sound scrumptious!!! We are beginning to be desperate for rain here in the midwest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rain is here now. THANKS A LOT.

    The soup looks like fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a good hardy soup. Great choice!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm drooling over this one! It sounds and looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that does look yummy.. Go away rain..

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does look delicious!! We're having the warm weather here too, so this one might have to wait until fall :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks so good. I bet it would be good on those hot days too when you don't want to heat up the house baking a lasagna! Yum! I just wish my hubby liked lasagna a bit more. I know my son loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, we are planning lasagne for dinner this Sunday evening and #1 son told me today he wants it without the white sauce! Plus mine never stands tall and solid like the restaurants either! So this looks like a great alternative, so glad I am a follower, get some great recipes form you. Dinner has just changed for Sunday night :)

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover