Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Thursday, May 17, 2012

We Wrap the Week with Pasta

I’m a little off with my recipe post the past few weeks.  So I thought why not end this week with a yummy recipe!  And let’s hope I get back on routine next week … lol.

IMG_6583

I found this very yummy recipe for Bacon Ranch & Chicken Mac & Cheese on the Weight Watcher Website.  It was a very simple recipe to make and the boys loved it.  We actually even had it for left overs the next nigh with is UNHEARD of here at the house.  My boys (including the big one) think left overs are no no’s.  I used a few different things which may bring the points down  little bit.  I used Reduced Fat Cream of Mushroom, Red Fat Cheese, Turkey Bacon and whole wheat macaroni.

Ingredients
  • 8 oz cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast(s), Cut into 1/2 inch pieces  
  • 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour  
  • 1 can(s) canned condensed cream of mushroom soup  
  • 2 serving(s) Lite Shredded Cheese Blend TJ's  
  • 1 serving(s) Trader Joe's Organic Shredded Mozzarella Cheese  
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder  
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder  
  • 1 tsp dried dill weed  
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt  
  • 1/2 cup(s) Kraft Shredded Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese  
  • 3 slice(s) crisp cooked bacon  
  • 7 1/4 oz uncooked macaroni  
  • 2 Tbsp regular butter  
  • 12 oz low-fat milk
Instructions

1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.

2. Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving drippings in pan. Finely chop bacon; set aside. Increase heat to medium-high. Add chicken to drippings in pan; sauté 6 minutes or until done.

3. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; sprinkle flour evenly into pan. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly with a whisk. Combine milk and soup, stirring with a whisk; gradually add milk mixture to saucepan, stirring with a whisk. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes or until thick. Remove from heat; let stand 4 minutes or until sauce cools to 155. Add Italian cheese blend, onion powder, garlic powder, dill, and salt, stirring until cheese melts. Stir in pasta and chicken.

4. Preheat broiler.

5. Spoon mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with reserved bacon and colby-Jack cheese. Broil 3 minutes or until cheese melts. Cooking Light, MARCH 2010

Recipes2Recipes3

Enjoy I promise you will and everyone you serve will enjoy this one!  Have a wonderful weekend!  I’m hoping to have a nice relaxing one.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome! I love cheese, chicken and bacon. Have a nice weekend Alexis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good. I love pasta just about any old way.

    I hope you all have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. IA with patty pretty sold with just the bacon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Cow that looks good!! I could live on pasta. And now with bacon. OMG!!!! Hubby just whines that I'm giving him too many carbs. Hey, at least I'm feeding him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds delicious! Definitely something my family will enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. again wow, I wonder when you have all the time to check out all these recipes? I just don't have the time, but then I realised I don't need to because I follow you blog and you bring them to me. Think I might have to write a post about your blog and let everyone I know know about the great recipes on here. My meal planner is full for this week now will have to add this for next weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover