Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Don't Freak I have Party Food Recipes for you!

Vlasic® Pickle are big hit with the boys, I always have to have a jar in the fridge. Really my boys (Rick included will grab a bowl and snack away. But who new you could have a pickle to snack or to spice up your tuna? Well hold on Betsy because this is not your boring pickle recipe. I'm about to blow you mind with some YUMMY recipes that your guest will be so impressed with. I promise you're going to enjoy all of these. Yes I know you're all like me going to run to the store Christmas Eve to get the last minute things for the party so why not try some recipes that are at every boring party people have gone to before! Believe me you're going to get some special treat baskets from your party goers and be the host of the year!

Dirty Pickle Vodka Martini
So Let's start with or drink of the night. Just imagine the looks you'll get when you walk out with a platter of these? First people will give you funny looks they'll curiosity will take over and they will have to check it out. Don't worry they'll be back for another and maybe another! Just remember to take keys away! And now for the recipe:

Ingredients:

8 ounces Vodka (use your favorite)

½ teaspoon dry Vermouth

2 Vlasic® Kosher Dill Pickle Spears

1 tbsp. pickle juice (from the jar)

Directions:

Add ice about halfway up a cocktail shaker. Add vodka, vermouth and pickle juice. Shake well, pour into 2 Martini glasses and garnish with a pickle spear in each glass.

For a yummy sandwich, but one you need napkins on hand for are. Plus check it out save the recipe for Homemade Russian Dressing!


Messy Russian Turkey Sandwich

This is a beautifully flavored sandwich with all the ingredients fusing perfectly together. It is also one of Kevin’s top sellers at his San Diego sports bar, the East Village Tavern & Bowl. The trick is to make the Russian dressing by hand which is super simple and you’re going to learn how to do it right now!

Ingredients:

2 pieces sourdough—or your favorite—bread

4 tbsp. Russian dressing (recipe below)

5 slices turkey

4 slices Applewood smoked bacon

½ avocado, sliced

HOMEMADE RUSSIAN DRESSING:

2 tbsp. mayonnaise

2 tbsp. Vlasic® Dill Relish

2 tbsp. ketchup

*Mix equal parts of the three ingredients together well in a small bowl.

Directions:

Toast your bread and spread on Russian dressing. Place turkey, then bacon, then avocado on one half and make sandwich.

And you all now me and my slow cooker! Yup love it, it's my friend and hasn't done me wrong yet! This will be the next thing I do in my crock pot!

This is the perfect comfort food sandwich for a cold, rainy or snowy day. Use a crock pot or just boil or pan roast it. Remember, pork is all about “slow n’ low.”

Ingredients:

1-3 pounds pork roast, slow-cooked

½ cup honey

2 tablespoons brown sugar

1 tablespoon mustard

½ cup ketchup

2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

Salt and pepper to taste

1 pack hamburger buns (use your favorite)

1 jar Vlasic® Pickle Chips

Directions:

In a slow cooker, add pork, honey, brown sugar, mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Cook on low for 4-8 hours. Pull apart with fork and mix well with the remaining sauce. Heat up hamburger buns and split in half. Add Vlasic® pickle chips on top and make sandwich. *Optional: Top with coleslaw or beans.

And for my turkey lovers check out these, doesn't that picture just make your mouth water!

Turkey Sloppy Joes with Bread & Butter Chips

This is a healthy twist on a classic dish. The smooth texture of the meat and the crunch of the pickle is a match made in sloppy heaven. Makes 4-6 sandwiches

Ingredients:

1 pound ground turkey

1 small yellow onion, diced

1 cup tomato sauce

1/2 cup ketchup

1 tsp., Worcestershire sauce

1 tsp. brown sugar

2 tsp. vinegar

Salt and pepper to taste

1 jar Vlasic® Bread & Butter Chips

1 package hamburger buns (use your favorite)

Optional: Pepper jack cheese

Directions:

In a large skillet over medium heat, add the ground turkey and onions. Stir until browned.

Add tomato sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir all ingredients together and cook until turkey is done, onions are soft and the sauce is nice and thick. Heat up hamburger buns on grill or in oven. Add turkey mixture on bottom half of bun, 4 Vlasic® Bread & Butter pickle chips and make sandwich. Optional: add cheese.

Get your Pickle on! Don't worry you'll be seeing these on a few of my recipe post. Enjoy and I can't wait to here how your party turned out. This will be a party that my husband would enjoy one that is not all stuffy, this is a sit down bend over your plate and Enjoy. And oh yes LOT'S of napkins on hand!

4 comments:

  1. I did not know you could do so much with a pickle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I have been craving these and I have a jar on the coffee table right now, Honey (I am yelling at Robbie) I think I am pregnant! LOL

    I cannot get enough pickles, not sure why?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to bookmark this for "pickle themed" days at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vodka martinis are my drink of choice, but usually with 3 olives, I'll have to try it with a pickle. I never thought of that... not so sure, maybe with a sweet gerkin instead of dill, though.
    Thanks for great ideas!!
    You are SO cool!!

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover