Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tempt My Tummy ~ Fall Lovers Pumpkin Apple Bread

Blessed with Grace

Have you guessed yet how much I love pumpkin? I know sorry for you who don't like pumpkin. I promise soon I'll be off my kick :). As you know my moto use what you have in the house! So mom brought over some apples and I had to use them up and this was the perfect way to use it and incorporate with my favorite pumpkin! The end bread was so pretty! I took the 2nd loaf over to my girlfriend Erin's house who was so nice to let us come visit and play her Wii. Enjoy you'll love it!

Note: I put the apples threw my food processor, I know the recipe had chunks but I liked the texture better being smoother! If you're not a big spice fan then you might not like this recipe it reminded me of a chai latte! The smell was wonderful but make sure you leave enough time for cooking and cooling, because you will want to wait up and eat a piece!!

The Crumb Part
& The Finished Product!
For topping:
1 Tbs all-purpose flour
5 Tbs sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 Tbs unsalted butter, softened

For bread:
3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp salt
2 tsps baking soda
1 1/2 tsps ground cinnamon
1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1 (15-oz) can solid-pack pumpkin
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 1/4 cups sugar
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 Granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and chopped (2 cups)

MAKE THE TOPPING: Blend together flour, sugar, cinnamon, and butter in a small bowl with your fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal.

MAKE THE BREAD: Put a rack in the middle of oven and preheat oven to 350F. Butter two 9 X 5 inch loaf pans. Sift together flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and allspice into a medium bowl. Whisk together pumpkin. Oil, sugar, and eggs in a large bowl. Add flour mixture, stirring until well combined. Fold in apples. Divide batter between buttered loaf pans. Sprinkle half of topping evenly over each loaf. Bake until a wooden pick or skewer inserted in center of bread comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes.

Cool loves in pans on a rack for 45 minutes, then turn out onto rack and cool completely, about 1 hour.

I found this amazing recipe here: http://www.amateurgourmet.com/2005/10/fall_into_fall_.html

19 comments:

  1. Ugh... I'm hungry AGAIN! I just finished three pots of coffee and breakfast.

    Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmmmm that looks so good, wish I had some of that to go with my coffee right now..

    ReplyDelete
  3. even though i am not a huge pumpkin eater... i think im gonna try this anyhow, plus hubby looooves him some pumpkin!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So seriously....I have a growing recipe file that I haven't tried many of. I really need to stop visiting you on Tuesdays. In fact, I am going to erase all of your Tuesdays until I am thin. Or put the recipes in a don't touch until you are thin pile. I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best meal I ever ate in my life - and I mean THE BEST - was homemade pumpkin ravioli in a brown butter sauce at a tiny little restaurant.

    THE BEST.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love pumpkin too. I would be so afraid to make this though. I love to cook, but I am not the baker in the family. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK thanks, I'm off to eat :) looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. well it turns out i currently have all the ingredients necessary to make this bread so i guess its a sign that there will be some baking in my future thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the only way I like pumpkin and mix it with apples and... oh boy!! This looks SO good, I just might have to make this after we are done with the blueberry banana bread I have.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just made this recipe soooo good. Thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover