Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Monday, December 21, 2009

Make Something Monday ... Christmas Cookies

Make Something Monday

As promised recipes for the cookies I made :). Sorry this is kind of a repeat of this weekend, been crazy busy and sick on top of it ;(. I'm hoping I feel better by the time Christmas rolls around. So I'm sort of calling it in, but technically I didn't give recipes ... LOL. Much love!

We Start with one of my favs:
1/2cup butter or margarine, softened
3tablespoons molasses
2teaspoons ground ginger
3/4teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4teaspoon ground cloves
1egg
1pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® oatmeal cookie mix
1/3cup coarse sugar
Print these coupons...
About Concordance™
1.



Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, beat butter, molasses, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and egg with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add cookie mix; beat until soft dough forms.
2.Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in sugar. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart.
3.Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Store in tightly covered container.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.

3/4cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)1/4cup butter, softened (not melted)1teaspoon vanilla1egg1box (19 oz) Betty Crocker® Gluten Free chocolate chip cookie mix1/2cup raisins, if desired1/4teaspoon ground cinnamonPowdered sugar, if desired

1.Heat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets with shortening.2.In large bowl, stir pumpkin, butter, vanilla and egg until blended. Stir in cookie mix, raisins and cinnamon until soft dough forms. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.3.Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until almost no indentation remains when lightly touched in center and edges are golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.

Now these are sinfully good! They are now my favorite
1pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix1bag (14 oz) flaked coconut1/4cup milk1can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)1/2cup semisweet chocolate chips1teaspoon butter or margarine

1.In large bowl, stir together cookie mix and coconut. Stir in milk and sweetened condensed milk until well blended. Cover; refrigerate 2 hours.2.Heat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper or use ungreased cookie sheets. Using 1-tablespoon-size cookie scoop, scoop dough onto cookie sheets 2 inches apart.3.Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely.4.In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and butter on High 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and stirred smooth. Using fork, drizzle chocolate in lines over cookies. Store loosely covered.High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Heat oven to 350°F. Stir 3/4 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour into dry cookie mix. Bake 14 to 16 minutes.

These you saw a week ago, but were so yummy I added to my list
1pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
3tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1teaspoon orange extract
1teaspoon vanilla
1egg
5drops yellow food color
2drops red food color
1bag (12 oz) white vanilla baking chips (2 cups)
Print these coupons...
About Concordance™

1.Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir all ingredients except baking chips until soft dough forms. Stir in baking chips.2.On ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough with 1 1/2 tablespoon-size cookie scoop or by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart.3.Bake 9 to 10 minutes or just until dough is set (do not overbake). Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely.

LOL totally forgot to put the chocolate drizzle on these
Chocolate - Drizzled Cherry Bars
3/4 c butter or margarine, softened
3/4 c sugar
1 egg
2 1/4 c Flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 c cherry-flavored gelatin (from 4-serving size box)
3/4 c semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 tsp vegetable oil

1. Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with mixer on medium speed until creamy. Beat in egg until well blended. On low speed, beat in flour, salt and dry gelatin until soft dough forms. Press dough in bottom of ungreased 13x9 inch pan.
2. Bake 11 to 14 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely about 30 minutes.
3. In resealable freezer plastic bag, mix chocolate chips and oil; seal bag. Microwave on High 30 to 45 seconds, squeezing chocolate in bag every 15 seconds, until smooth. Cut 1/4-inch tip from corner of bag; drizzle chocolate over bars. Let stand about 1 hour or until chocolate is set. For bars. Cut into 8 by 4 rows; cut each bar in half diagonally to make triangles.

These were last years favorites
Now I just use the cookies and make them bars so no frosting or putting in the spritzer but if you have time the original rock also!

Cookies1pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix1/2cup butter, melted1egg1/2cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour1teaspoon rum extract1/4teaspoon ground nutmegIcing1/2cup powdered sugar1 1/2teaspoons milk1/4teaspoon rum extractBetty Crocker® red and green decorating sugars, if desired

1.Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, egg, flour, 1 teaspoon extract and the nutmeg until soft dough forms.2.Fit cookie press with desired template. Fill cookie press with cookie dough; press cookies onto ungreased cookie sheets. 3.Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.4.In small bowl, stir powdered sugar, milk and 1/4 teaspoon extract until desired consistency. Drizzle over cookies. Sprinkle cookies with colored sugar.High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.

These I took this recipe and adapted it to my own!
Part I
These are suppose to be mini cupcakes but I of course did bars
For this recipe I took the cookie base and the filling only. I put half the cookie base on the bottom and then the filling and topped it with the rest of the cookie base. My former co-workers wife told me that he absolutely LOVES these. I took the extra to him! Here's the original recipe you can adapt like me or do it the way they say. Again depends on time!

Cookie Base1pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix1/3cup unsweetened baking cocoa1/2cup butter or margarine, softened1egg
Filling1/2cup powdered sugar1/2cup peanut butter2tablespoons butter or margarine, softened1teaspoon vanilla1/4teaspoon salt
This part I didn't use:
Topping1/2cup whipping cream1cup plus 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips1tablespoon peanut butter

1.Heat oven to 350°F. Line 36 mini muffin cups with mini foil candy cups (about 1 1/4 inch). In large bowl, stir cookie base ingredients until dough forms. Press about 1 tablespoon dough into each foil cup. Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until puffy and set. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Remove from pan.2.In small bowl, mix filling ingredients until well blended. Press about 1 teaspoon mixture on top of each cooled cookie.3.In 1-quart saucepan, heat whipping cream just to boiling over low heat, stirring occasionally; remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until cooled. Spread about 2 teaspoons chocolate mixture over each cookie cup.4.Place remaining 2 tablespoons chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon peanut butter in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag. Microwave on High 30 to 60 seconds or until softened; knead to mix. Cut off small tip from one corner of bag. Squeeze bag to drizzle chocolate mixture over each cookie cup. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until set. Store covered in refrigerator.

I made double batches of all, except the buckeye I tripled.
These are the cute Santa and Snowman!
Look all lined up and packed ready to go out the door!
Even had a plate of different ones to take to the daycare lady.
Hope you all enjoy the recipes and try a few. I love to hear if you did!

15 comments:

  1. Oh are you not feeling well? You remind me I still need to make cookies...I have not been so hot the past week, but I am not giving up on making your cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS...Feel better, and hope the family is doing good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Poser is not feeling well. I am sending over soup, and hugs. I hope you get better. I was sick last week. Got better the husband got sick and then I think we have been passing it because I am sick again. Oh no..

    I loved all of the cookies. I am making chocolate chip today, sugar tomorrow and more on Wed.

    Get better..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you used the picture collage for your recipe post. How very clever and creative of you. I'm not sure if I'm going to bake or not this year.

    I'm sick as well and so very behind in.....everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go Martha. Better woman than I, No cookies here.

    Feel better!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I hope you feel better. It sucks to be sick at the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously, I want to know how long it took you to post these recipes with pictures. WOW! I think I need to make some cookies now!

    Have a nice holiday (and hope you feel better)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i so hope you get to feeling better soon, especially for Christmas... but the holiday cookies look awesome.. i'm thinking of you, it's never good to be down or sick this time of the year...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are calling my name! Don't you hear them?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you've been busy making goodies. Thanks for sharing. Betty Crocker always has good stuff! Hope you feel good by Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too many to choose from! They all look so good:) Thanks for posting I needed some new inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you feel better girlie :) those cookies are soooo yummy!!! We are definitely making some for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cannot believe how many cookies you made! You are amazing! I hope you're feeling better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have got to try:
    Super-Easy Macaroon Chewies
    Super-Easy Macaroon Chewies
    Orange Cream Cookies
    Eggnog Spritz Cookies
    They all look fantastic... I usually like to make drop cookies, but I like the idea of bar cookies, too.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover