Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Get Ready for the Holidays Duncan Hines Style

Anyone who knows me knows I can rock a box, but now days I try to use them only as a base that I build on! I love sharing recipes that are quick and easy and I came across a few I think you will love and make your holiday season easier.

I plan on making a few of these I've been sick so I haven't done these ones yet but don't worry you'll be seeing them on a Monday or Tuesday soon!

Carrot Cake is always a hit with the boys and you know my weakness for cheesecake so this is the best of all worlds in my book!









Ingredients - Carrot Cake:

    • 1 box Duncan Hines Decadent Carrot Cake
    • 1 cup hot tap water (for soaking carrots and raisins)
    • 2 eggs
    • ¼ cup vegetable oil
    • 8 ½ oz can crushed pineapple, packed in juice, drained well, reserve juice
    • ½ cup coconut (optional)
    • ½ cup chopped walnuts

Ingredients - Cheese Cake Filling:

    • 2 - 8 oz pkg. cream cheese
    • ¾ cup sugar
    • 2 ½ teaspoons of vanilla extract
    • 3 eggs
    • 1 tablespoon flour

  • Baking Instructions For Carrot Cake:
  • Soak carrots and raisins in 1 cup HOT tap water, allow to stand for 5 mins. Drain and squeeze out excess water from carrots and raisins. In mixing bowl add dry mix, 2 eggs, ¼ cup oil. Add well drained carrots, raisins and pineapple. Add coconut and walnuts. Mix well by hand. Spread 2 cups of carrot cake on bottom of a greased 9-9 ½ Springform pan. Reserve remaining carrot cake.
  • Baking Instructions For Cheesecake:
  • In large bowl beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Beat in eggs and flour. Spread ½ of the cheesecake batter on top of the carrot cake. Spoon on remaining carrot cake and top with remaining cheese cake batter. Do not marble with knife. Bake in a 350° preheated oven for 50-60 mins or until cake is set and cooked through. Cool to room temperature. When cake is cooled frost with Pineapple Cream Cheese frosting (see recipe below). Or top with Duncan Hines Cream Cheese Frosting. Refrigerate for 3 hours and serve chilled.
Now for Rick's love of Coconut and my love of anything chocolate I give to you this yummy little morsel .... it's only little if you only eat one (I haven't figured out how to do that one yet)









    Ingredients

    1 (19.95 oz) pkgDuncan Hines® Family Style Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix
    2 largeegg whites
    1/2 cupgranulated sugar
    1/4 tspalmond extract
    1 cupalmonds
    1 cupflaked coconut
    Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 13 x 9-inch pan.
    2. Prepare brownies according to package directions for cake-like brownies.
    3. Bake 25 minutes or until set.
    4. Place egg whites in medium bowl. Beat at high speed with electric mixer until foamy and double in volume. Beat in sugar gradually, beating until meringue forms firm peaks. Add almond extract. Fold in almonds and coconut. Spread over warm brownies.
    5. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes longer or until meringue is set and lightly browned. Cool completely. Cut into bars.

    Makes 24 brownies.

I LOVE Red Velvet (actually attempted from scratch once ... never going back ... LOL)










1 pkgDuncan Hines® Moist Deluxe® Red Velvet Cake Mix
1 (8 oz) pkgcream cheese, softened
2/3 cupgranulated sugar
1 largeegg
1/2 cupmini chocolate chips
1/2 cupflaked coconut
1 tubDuncan Hines® Creamy Home-Style Cream Cheese Frosting
    1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease muffin pans or line with paper baking cups.
    2. Prepare batter according to package directions.
    3. Spoon batter into lined muffin cups. In small bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and egg; mix until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips and coconut.
    4. Spoon about 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture onto batter of each cupcake.
    5. Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cupcakes following package directions. Spread cupcakes with frosting.
You'll LOVE these all and I bet you even have a few of these items in your pantry! Don't worry I have more to come help with all these parties coming up!

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe you, you have so many great recipes for baking. I have stared this post and I will hopefully try these very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a woman after my own heart...beautiful but easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even read the recipies. I saw the pictures and just skipped right down to the comments. I'm craving sweets right now and there's not enough insulin in the world to cover all this diabetic craves!

    SOOOOOO....just wanted you to know I was here (even if I didn't read the whole post)

    LOVE AND SPRINKLES

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love recipes that start with mixes and adds stuff... tastes homemade, but is easier. Plus nobody can tell the difference!
    The brownie coconut things and the red velvet (MMMM) cupcakes look SO good.
    Thanks for the post!!!

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover