Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Rock Star Cupcakes ... Microphones and Star (Modeling Chocolate)

The last 3 weeks I have been so sick ... yuck.  But of course I had previously signed up for cupcakes for the charity I work for Birthday Dreams (bringing birthday parties to homeless kids). So my cupcakes were not as beautiful as I usually would do, medicine head really can put you in a fog.  I signed up for a rock star themed cake, I had an idea to do mini microphones using mini cupcake cones. WELL during the winter finding those is IMPOSSIBLE! So I switched to making my own with Modeling Chocolate.


These were pretty easy to make and I added a few stars and done!

What you need:
White Modeling Chocolate 
Yellow  Modeling Chocolate
Wilton Licorice String
Edible Silver Dust
Frosted Cupcakes

For those who have not seen my previous post on how to make modeling chocolate (aka candy clay).

Modeling Chocolate
12oz Candy Melts
1/4 Cup light corn Syrup

Melt your Candy Melts in microwave (mine takes about 2 minutes). Stir them to become smooth and add the corn syrup.  It will become thick and form a ball.  Wrap in plastic wrap and let it sit out and dry.  Takes a few hours or over night is best. (Alexis note: I found to roll this out use a little powder sugar (like you would do with flour), also you have to kneed it a little like you would dough to make it easy to roll out).



For Microphones I made the white hand part out of white modeling chocolate and then dusted with edible silver dust.  I'm thinking next time a tootsie roll dusted would be easier ... lol. I took yellow modeling chocolate and made the balls for the top of the microphone. For the wire I used Wilton licorice string.  For the stars I used a cookie cutter and yellow modeling chocolate.



Have a great week!

Thanks for Stopping by!
Don't forget to see the parties I link up to HERE

5 comments:

  1. Hope your feeling better now. Those came out really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the cutest things ever. What a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just to adorable..I wish my girls were still at the point when they want planned birthday parties but they are all teens now. Thanks for linking up at #HomeMattersParty looking forward to see what you link up next week.

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover