Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tuesday Dinner (Carne Asada w/ Coconut Cream Pie)

As many of you know Tuesday’s here is dinner with my friend from high school and her son.  The boys get play time and we get time to sit and chat about our week or the husbands Smile.  Last week I made my first Carne Asada and Coconut Cream Pie.  I know two first time recipes, believe me this situation has not ALWAYS worked in my favor.  Just ask Rick we have had to scrap the meal and pick something up, I’m glad to say this wasn’t the case with this meal.  The dinner was delicious the only thing that happened is the kids left more cheese on my floor then in their bellies … hehe

First on the menu was Carne Asada Marinade that we then put on whole wheat flour tortilla’s.   The marinade was to make and my favorite was it was made the night before and then the next night I was able to throw it on my indoor grill.

Recipes

Carne Asada Marinade

<p>This was a simple marinade that was very delicious. (Sorry the photo is a little off in color my camera was dying a slow death)</p>

See Carne Asada Marinade on Key Ingredient.

And for the dessert I made HG's Crazy-Amazing Coconut Cream Pie.  I have been lead to Hungry Girl’s website and I am VERY impressed!  She has the book 300 under 300 (calories) and is on the Food Network.  Her revamp of meals is amazing plus she gives WW points for those who follow that program.

Recipes1

HG's Crazy-Amazing Coconut Cream Pie

<p>A great twist on a classic with out all the calories from Hungry Girl&#8217;s website.</p>

See HG's Crazy-Amazing Coconut Cream Pie on Key Ingredient.

Happy Tuesday Everyone!  Thanks for stopping by Smile.

9 comments:

  1. Both recipes sound amazing and easy! I'm craving some coconut cream pie now! YUM! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting with the ginger! Different from my carne asada recipe (also a SoCal girl). I may give this one a go. Mine is more citruisy and uses Sprite instead of Coke! How funny is that. My friend's grandmother from Mexico gave me the Sprite trick, lol. Nummers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first one looks AMAZING!!! I need to work with marinades more often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WISH WE HAD SMELLY VISION, THEY LOOK DELICIOUS XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Yum and YUM. I would love these both!I think its so cool that you get together with your high school friend. That is so important for sanity sake! believe me it's essential! Great recipes! Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmmmm, pie. =)

    Hey, what happened to that flip flop swap?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to be that friend that comes over with my little one.. I so need to move or you can!!! I hope you have an amazing Day Poser..

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound like two great recipes.
    I've never tried to make carne asada and coconut pie is Mark's favorite! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried &amp; True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover