Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Monday, November 1, 2010

More Fall Flavors ... Yummy Recipes!!!

As most of you know by now I love the fall flavors! For you non pumpkin fans I threw in an apple one also :). Enjoy I promise you'll love these both!

For the love of PUMPKIN!!! Yes you know my love I can't deny it.
The Worlds Best Pumpkin Pancakes (They named it this, but it was so YUMMY)

2 cups all purpose flour

3 tablespoons. packed brown sugar

1 tablespoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 3/4 cups milk

3 eggs, lightly beaten

3/4 cup canned pumpkin

1/4 cup cooking oil

1. In a large bowl combine flour and other dry ingredients. In a second bowl combine eggs and remaining ingredients. Stir milk mixture into flour mixture until slightly lumpy.

2. Heat a lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet over medium heat. For each pancake pour 1 quarter cup batter onto griddle. Cook until golden; turn when tops are bubbly and edges are slightly dry (1 to 2 minutes per side). Makes 16 pancakes.

ALEXIS NOTES: This was super easy I then shaped them with a stem at the top to look like a pumpkin! I also added in some pumpkin spice to give it that extra umph!! Cole & I loved it and had the left overs the next day!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And for Cole's schools church they had a "GERMAN" theme dish. So I researched all night long, I work Saturdays nights until 3am and I was a google fool. You would think me being German I would have one in my back pocket. I didn't want to do sauerkraut like everyone else. So I found this AMAZING dish. Ok so you know how competitive I am when you say we're having a GERMAN dish bake off I'm doing a German dish! So guess what won a FREAKING pumpkin cheesecake!!! Well crap if I knew it was just for taste I would have made a FREAKING cheesecake also who can compete with that!!! So yes I was PEEVED but my dish ROCKED!!

  • ¾ cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 6 tbsp butter, cut into pieces
  • 2 Granny Smith apples
  • 12 tbsp butter, at room temperature
  • ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
  • grated zest of 1 lemon
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1¼ tsp salt
  • 3 tbsp whole milk

Special Equipment:

  • 8in (20cm) springform pan
  • Wire rack

Directions

1. To make the topping, mix the flour, sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl. Add the butter and rub it in. Shape into a thick disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.

2. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Butter an 8-in (20cm) springform pan and line the bottom with wax paper. Peel and core the apples, and cut them into wedges.

3. Beat the butter, sugar, and lemon zest together until pale and creamy. Beat the eggs, one at a time, into the butter mixture. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together. Add to the bowl, along with the milk, and mix until smooth.

4. Spread half of the batter into the pan. Top with half of the apples. Repeat. Grate the streusel over the apples.

5. Bake for 45–50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let stand on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove the sides of the pan and cool. Serve warm or cold.

ALEXIS NOTES:
Now if I was making this for home I would use whole wheat flour and sugar substitute. I didn't have a lemon so I used lemon juice and 3 apples. It was freaking awesome, I should have won ... hehe. ALSO I would skip the wax paper on the bottom it made for non pleasant looking appeal when you cut it up and serve it. Plus it kind of stuck to it. I say butter the bottom and it's good to go!

15 comments:

  1. Oooh I think I might try those pumpkin pancakes! they sound really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pumpkin pancakes look great, but I think my family would turn up their noses at it. LOL The cake, on the other hand, would be a huge hit!

    I sometimes take German potato salad for potluck dinners, so that's what I'd take to a German-themed event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made pumpkin pancakes this year too!! YUM! Rich doesn't like them, though, otherwise I'd make them more :-)

    I think it is SO neat that Cole's school did a "German" themed dish!! There are so many yummy ones!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two delicious recipes in one post! Love the pumpkin pancakes that look like pumpkins:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The German Apple Cake is calling my name, Alexis! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my god I totally forgot that I've been wanting to make pumpkin pancakes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least you picked a German dish that fit.. Love it.. Have a great day Poser..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made pumpkin pancakes the other day, they were yummy. And that dish you made should have won, it looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know I have to try those pancakes. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry you didn't win. Those pancakes sound yummy and the German Apple Cake sounds like something my husbands Nana would make.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Santa,
    All I want for Christmas is Alexis to come to my home and fix up some of her delicious meals that she makes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That German apple cake looks amazing! Seriously! Nom nom nom!!!

    Thanks for Sharing with us this week!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They both sound awesome! You totally should have won with the German apple cake!

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover