Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Lego Party–Part 2 (Lego Crayons, Lego Chocolates & Cupcakes)

We are full on Lego Domination at the house right now!  I’m trying this year to have everything done possible early!  I spent my weekend making lego men and blocks in crayon.  I then made some cupcakes for Cole’s class room with chocolate lego men on top.  Then the gift bags I made for the party, he requested I make for his class room too.  Another trip to get crayons and I was ready to go!

Lego Crayons:

  • Lego Molds (I bought mine on Ebay)
  • Crayons (I bought mine at the dollar store, easy to peel paper off)

Turn oven to 350 (the site I got this from said 250 but that didn’t do a dent for me).  Once molds are the ready put it in the oven the lego men took my oven 12 minutes and the bricks (which had TWO crayons instead of ONE like the men) took my oven 16 minutes.  I put the molds on a cookie sheet in the oven.  When I pulled them out I let them cool a minute before touching the silicone and putting it in the freezer to firm up.  I only had two molds and had a lot to do so I did the freezer you could use the fridge if not in a hurry.

I know that is all you need!  NOW it takes time to peel off the paper off the crayons I found the dollar store ones came off so much nicer then the Crayola ones I tried.  (ONE tip when taking the crayons out of the mold flip it from the back and push the head out FIRST they will break off).

We made Lego Men:

Lego Birthday Party3

Lego Bricks:

Lego Birthday Party4

Then time to make the gift bags. You will need:

  • Plastic treat bags (again at the dollar store – 40 bags $1)
  • Paper straw filler (Dollar store)
  • Insert two Lego Men and one Lego Block

Yup EACH gift bag only cost me around .35 cents!  A HECK load of time but so worth it!

Lego Birthday Party5

Then for my cupcakes for the classroom I decided to make Chocolate Lego Men.  You need:

  • Lego Mold (Ebay)
  • White Melty (Winco Bulk Section $2.98 a lb)
  • Food Coloring

Melt your chocolate I did mine in my glass pampered chef bowl for 1 minute and 30 seconds.  REMEMBER chocolate can melt so watch it.  Once melted put in your mold.  You can put in the freezer or fridge.  Be careful AGAIN pop the head out first or you will have some headless Lego men.

I made a yellow cake from the Food Network with a orange extract and then a buttercream top top it off.

IMG_6105

Lego Birthday Party6

My Lego Army of Crayons!

Lego Birthday Party

Gift Bags done for party and for the classroom:

Lego Birthday Party1

Classroom treats packed and ready to go:

Lego Birthday Party2

IMG_6064

So there you have it my first set of treats done for the party.  I still have a few left to do, juice boxes, Lego Man Cake & Lego Block Cakes.  I’ll be bringing you more fun ideas this week and after.  Just remember that this all takes time and a little patience.  Be careful and don’t loose your head like this little guy … lol I couldn’t resist.

15 comments:

  1. This came out so cool. I had no idea they had lego molds for crayons! I am loving this theme!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously you need to become a party planner. This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a creative mom. What a fun party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just adorable, the things you do for your kids. You are a great mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure the kids will love their gift bags and that the party will be a big success!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just can't believe how cool the crayons are! You did great, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those all came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Those are SO cool! I am in love with this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute. It is going to be such an awesome party. Your working your butt off on these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've done a super nice job on creating the cupcakes and party favors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like fun. Its something us girls could more than likely do just for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE them!! I will definitely have to do another Lego party for Blake! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my god i'm so excited for this!! i need to get some lego molds for my son he LOVES legos would be so cool to do ice cubes and stuff for drinks :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh they are awesome, wonder if I can find those moulds here in New Zealand?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm having a lego friends theme party for my daughter I already did the crayon mold it came out great I love the gift bag ideas

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover